Help describing a part needed....and the part!!

maxintexas

picked up my car last night from repair shop. In for Motor/trans mounts and freeze plugs. I noticed as soon as i cranked the car, i heard a hiss, and sounded like the floor board was gone in the car, i could hear the exhaust like i was under the car. Driving home, i felt hot air hitting my legs. Got home and inspected car, and for some reason, that has yet to be answered by the mechanic, they cut the rubber boot, that covers my steering column and connects to the floor board of my car. If i look it at, i can see the top of my transmission now? It's a grey color boot or cover. Any ideas on what i'm talking about, and how i can get that fixed. Now instead of smelling burnt coolant, i get all the exhaust gases in car, no need for a heater either! WTF??

Thanks Manic!!

Any idea where i can get one, seems I will have a little extra money now, since AMEX is going to dispute the charge to this guy.

To top it off, driver side wheel well is gone too. They said the crossmember came off the car when it was being test driven,because one of the guys didn't bolt it all the way back that's why it took so long to repair. Over a week. I'm fumming!! LOL literally!!