FUN IN THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Guest GrandPrixlover1

Man we are about to get dumped on here in the Miami Valley (Dayton and surrounding areas). GP1138, you know what I'm talking about. A major snow storm is now underway, and I can't for tomorrow to come. I get to see how well the GP holds up in the snow. Tomorrow I will be seeing how well the "second gear start" switch works, and how well my traction control system holds up under heavy snow. Man I didn't even know what a "second gear start" switch was until I went to Grismer when they changed my fluids and did a 21 point inspection on the car. ( I know you have to be careful when letting mechanics work on your car but these guys were pretty honest, and the manager of the store knows my family as we are regular customers). Yeah I did all that when I first got my GP back in December. I love my baby!!!

I won't be keeping her out all day though as I know that winter can be a B****, especially to a car. Just want to see how she does. GP1138, and Charged 3.1, Y'all take care and be safe when you're out driving tomorrow. That goes for anyone else in the path of this storm. This ones a doozey!!! :wink:

They hold up really well.

Really damn well. At least my first gen does.

We had a blizzard here in Wichita maybe a month or so back, got probably 8 inches of snow in a matter of hours... there was four on the ground when I had to go to work, and that was on the highways too. Whiteout conditions, worst snowstorm I'd seen since I was little. I got to work and an hour later, they shut down the call center due to the weather. :lol: I was ticked at the time, but in regards to handling, my baseline 3.1 sedan was a dream come true.

I called my mom that night to thank her again for purchasing the car for me. :)

Guest GrandPrixlover1

They hold up really well.

Really damn well. At least my first gen does.

We had a blizzard here in Wichita maybe a month or so back, got probably 8 inches of snow in a matter of hours... there was four on the ground when I had to go to work, and that was on the highways too. Whiteout conditions, worst snowstorm I'd seen since I was little. I got to work and an hour later, they shut down the call center due to the weather. :lol: I was ticked at the time, but in regards to handling, my baseline 3.1 sedan was a dream come true.

I called my mom that night to thank her again for purchasing the car for me. :)

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I had a 1985 Oldsmobile Regency 98 with only 149,000 miles on it, but when it snowed she held up so well. She has the 3.8 in her to, and those things are bullet proof, even that old one, its been to hell and back and could go again...and again. We had a really bad snow storm last Feb. And I was taking my friend to his girfriends house out in BFE, and the road we were on hadn't been plowed. There was at least a foot maybe a foot and a half of snow on the road , and the wind was blowing snow from the open cornfield to where we couldn't see, and it was like for about 5 miles. Not once did that car budge, slip, or even spin a tire all the time we were on that road. The suprising thing is that when I checked the tire tread later that week. I barely had any, but shes got new tires now. Yeah i'm gonna miss that Olds. If the window motor, and the heater wouldn't have gave out I would have kept her. Man she is mean. But other things started givin up on her and I had to sell her away. Basically it's a nice father, son project now, or for anyone who likes to tinker with cars and fix them up, and she can be fixed. Well not to get off track but that's how I got my GP I have now, and we have a long, long, way to go. 8-)

Note: the car is already sold. Sorry guys(for those who might have been looking for one, cause the Regency 98 is a good looking luxury car if it's in mint condition).

With the all seasons on it, I didnt think that my cutlass was anything great in the snow, but i think that my expectations were too high that time. Now with the winter tires on it...thats a different story. Although i find that now since i got my truck, I just drive that when there is a lot of snow. RWD when i wanna have fun, and 4WD when i actually want to go somewhere.

this is like the 3rd time our forecast has called form like 6 inches and only ended up with about half an inch. this has been such an underwhelming winter in terms of snow. I'm ok with that since I'm driving the cutlass, but come on, stupid wimpy winter weather, grow some balls!

this is like the 3rd time our forecast has called form like 6 inches and only ended up with about half an inch. this has been such an underwhelming winter in terms of snow. I'm ok with that since I'm driving the cutlass, but come on, stupid wimpy winter weather, grow some balls!

I was saying that up until yesterday. It's pretty sad when February 11th-12th is our first accumulating snow. :lol:

As far as snow the GA does just fine too. As long as I turn the traction control off. It keeps bogging the engine down when it detects wheel spin. Not good when you're trying to cross a highway.

My car drives good in the snow. I live in Northern NY, and we got hit by two big snow storms a little while back, below are some pics of what my Regal looked like after the two storms.

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

just to warn you, 2nd gear start only helps out so much, ive slid out in my GP a couple times even with that on, for some reason the ass like to get loose :thinking:

x2 mine likes to sway in the rear. but i just have fun with it.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

wait. what the hell is 2nd gear start???

It's a switch that when turned on, and you start accelerating from a stop, will start the car out in second gear rather than first. Giving the car a little more umph/traction, when in deep snow, or slippery conditions. I used it tonight with all this messy crap on the roadways and it helps. The switch, at least in my car, is located on the left side of the steering wheel, and below the switches for the lights. There should be (if your car has it) lettering above the switch that says "Second Gear Start".

Yeah they're callin for 5-10 inches of snow here in the Dayton(Ohio) area after all is said and done. Fun!!!! :burnout:

I think we're supposed to get hit by the same snow storm here in Northern NY starting tonight and continuing on into tomorrow. Our forecast is calling for 5-8 inches of snow, I don't know why, but I love snow storms! :biggrin:

Yeah they're callin for 5-10 inches of snow here in the Dayton(Ohio) area after all is said and done. Fun!!!! :burnout:

Yeah, I think we're supposed to get hit by the same snow storm here in NNY starting tonight and continuing on into tomorrow. I don't know why, but I love snow storms! :biggrin:

As a meteorology student down here in Oneonta. Yes we are! :lol:

Yeah, I think we're supposed to get hit by the same snow storm here in NNY starting tonight and continuing on into tomorrow. I don't know why, but I love snow storms! :biggrin:

As a meteorology student down here in Oneonta. Yes we are! :lol:

:lol: I guess it's time to get out the snowblower! :lol:

My car never leaves me stranded anywhere. Does very well in the snow for a non 4WD/AWD

Same with me (we have practically the same car) and I that's why I call my Cutty a warrior. I threw on some winter tires and the thing is glued to the road. I drove 15 miles on the highway in the midst of a massive snowstorm that ended up leaving nearly 12 inches on the ground and I felt perfectly safe the whole way. My friend who has a Cadillac SRX met me the day after for lunch and he told me on the way over he got stuck several times... I drove twice the distance he did and I didn't get stuck once.