I dig this 2nd gen GP...

Scottster

That's a cool kit. I wonder why they don't have "Pontiac" on the rear bumper?

Most likely a licensing issue, since it is aftermarket they need permission from GM to emboss PONTIAC on it.

It's actually very similar to the GPX. The GTX hood from SLP was an attempt to mimick the hood off the GPX (not the G8 in the 1st post of this thread). There's a look-a-like flare kit sold by MPD to add to any Gen II GP:

http://www.mpd-inc.net/flarekit.htm

Includes front and rear replacement bumper covers that continue the flare out. But $1,500 FTL :cussing: Not to mention, you loose the Pontiac embossing on the rear.

I want that kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

That's a cool kit. I wonder why they don't have "Pontiac" on the rear bumper?

Most likely a licensing issue, since it is aftermarket they need permission from GM to emboss PONTIAC on it.

Correct. And since it would cost a decent chunk of change to obtain that permission, you'll find most aftermarket parts won't have manufacturer logos (replacement front bumper covers for the Gen II GPs don't have the space for the arrowhead, the replacement Gen I GP sedan cover I got doesn't have Pontiac in the corner, etc.).