I dig this 2nd gen GP...

Scottster

I doubt its much wider than stock....

It just has some body work and wheels to make it look more aggressive.

Those flairs are WAY wider than stock...which should have been the way it came out of the box IMO. I bet they would have sold thousands more if it had a stance like that on the lot.

I doubt its much wider than stock....

It just has some body work and wheels to make it look more aggressive.

Those flairs are WAY wider than stock...which should have been the way it came out of the box IMO. I bet they would have sold thousands more if it had a stance like that on the lot.

Ick. First thought: looks like a Stratus to me. Something about the flares...

What's the little hood scoop at the back pointing at the windshield?

They used those in the 60's muscle cars and would contain a gauge. I think a temp gauge IIRC.

its a hood tach

GPX concept was what it was called.

This isn't the GPX, but looks similar. The car above is actually the "G8" concept from ~1999-2000ish with a 350hp LS1 in it and AWD. I believe Pontiac brought it out for the ClubGP gathering that year at the production plant in Kansas and a few people actually got to drive it.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1485.html

GPX concept was what it was called.

This isn't the GPX, but looks similar. The car above is actually the "G8" concept from ~1999-2000ish with a 350hp LS1 in it and AWD. I believe Pontiac brought it out for the ClubGP gathering that year at the production plant in Kansas and a few people actually got to drive it.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1485.html

Right, thats what I thought, that this was the '00 concept car. I've seen pics of the pre-production car, it looks alot different but its the same color.

Hood FTL

Rims are sweet.

The rear quarter looks like an Alero to me.

Any more pics? Please share. :cool:

I used to have some other pictures of it, I'll post them if I find 'em.

It's actually very similar to the GPX. The GTX hood from SLP was an attempt to mimick the hood off the GPX (not the G8 in the 1st post of this thread). There's a look-a-like flare kit sold by MPD to add to any Gen II GP:

http://www.mpd-inc.net/flarekit.htm

Includes front and rear replacement bumper covers that continue the flare out. But $1,500 FTL :cussing: Not to mention, you loose the Pontiac embossing on the rear.