My 1st gen w-body is indestructible!

DEMonte1997

:willynilly:

High winds in CT today. Tree drops huge branch (4" diameter) and it lands right next to my 1992 Regal. LOL

Regal doesn't have a scratch but that branch couldn't have landed any closer without doing some major damage. :eek:

I'm a happy/thankful w-body owner for the moment. :smile:

x3 on the pics! I had a similar incident happen last summer in the LTZ.. At my old apartment, this huge tree hung over the parking area for the cars (parallel along the street) and I was worried about the wind, so I went out to move the car so no branch would fall on it.. As I'm backing the car up, a huge limb drops right where the car had been sitting.. Talk about lucky..

The branches were cleared out of the road before I could take pics. :redface:

Looks like it did hit the door somewhat because there's a gradual crease in it along the top. :sad: LOL Should I tell the guy who's tree dropped the branch to pay for me to get that dent popped out of my door? :lol: Could you imagine the balls it would take to make someone do that to a beater car? Hmmmm... Maybe I'll do it. :mrgreen:

The branches were cleared out of the road before I could take pics. :redface:

Looks like it did hit the door somewhat because there's a gradual crease in it along the top. :sad: LOL Should I tell the guy who's tree dropped the branch to pay for me to get that dent popped out of my door? :lol: Could you imagine the balls it would take to make someone do that to a beater car? Hmmmm... Maybe I'll do it. :mrgreen:

Had an O'Reilly driver back up into my car at a red light. Think some of you might remember that. 800 bucks to reset the bumper, bezels (iirc) and repaint the front bumper.

The paint mar ended up being a scuff in the wax. :)

On a secondary topic, while I was having my stereo system installed, I went by the shop and the guy who was working on my car had boxes on top of the car. I made a comment about how that bothered me, and wondered how rough he'd been with the boxes. He proceeded to pick the box up and toss it back on top of the car to demonstrate.

At that point, I was livid, went into the office and told the owner what happened. He didn't make me pay for installation after that. Also, I ended up with a crack in my dash.. that he had fixed there... crack came back, I just don't care because it IS an old car, but the dash wasn't cracked until then.. lol... oy.

I went by the shop and the guy who was working on my car had boxes on top of the car. I made a comment about how that bothered me, and wondered how rough he'd been with the boxes. He proceeded to pick the box up and toss it back on top of the car to demonstrate.

At that point, I was livid, went into the office and told the owner what happened. He didn't make me pay for installation after that. Also, I ended up with a crack in my dash.. that he had fixed there... crack came back, I just don't care because it IS an old car, but the dash wasn't cracked until then.. lol... oy.

omg are you serious!?!? The guy actually showed you how hard he threw the boxes up on your roof? I wouldn't have even let him demonstrate, I'd be pissed for them being there in the first place.

I went by the shop and the guy who was working on my car had boxes on top of the car. I made a comment about how that bothered me, and wondered how rough he'd been with the boxes. He proceeded to pick the box up and toss it back on top of the car to demonstrate.

omg are you serious!?!? The guy actually showed you how hard he threw the boxes up on your roof? I wouldn't have even let him demonstrate, I'd be pissed for them being there in the first place.

X2.

lol a tree broke and fell on the back of my old tempo and totalled it. i was working under the hood when it smashed the trunk, quarter panel, rear window, back door, and everything else lol

lol a tree broke and fell on the back of my old tempo and totalled it. i was working under the hood when it smashed the trunk, quarter panel, rear window, back door, and everything else lol

That sucks! But I guess you were thankful you were working under the hood at the time and not behind the car.

Holy shit, was it windy? I hope you weren't working knowing it was that windy!

Man W's have ALWAYS treated me pretty damn well (knock on fucking wood!) Well at least gotten lucky with them. Never been stranded by them, and have generally always had great luck with them (knock on wood AGAIN)

Shit when i got the 08 Tiburon, i had 300 miles. Flat tire (got a hole where it rolled into the sidewall, couldn't patch, had to get a new one) 1200 miles later. Blow out. 3000 miles later. Blow out. Each one leaving me stranded on the side of the highway in the middle of houston. I don't think i EVER used a donut on ANY of the GP's i've ever driven. I think i did ONCE, and it was when i had parked at a whataburger, came out, and the tire was flat. I took the wheel off, walked across the street with it, and had them patch it, lol

Of course i have everything you could imagine on the warranty, that covers everything EXCEPT for the tires. And when i bought the new tires, i went cheap figuring i was going to go to 18's soon, but ran across the TGP and nixxed that idea, lol.