stupid dash trim

bodeen2007

i hate the stupid faux woodgrain so i'm thinking about painting it. this is where you guys come in. what color do you think i should paint it . my interior is blue and the car is kinda white.

Your avatar is too big. Please choose something smaller, or it will be removed.

Who's avatar? And couldn't this be done in a PM?

Ya if your good with the rattle can; black with a nice coat of clear will look real good.

Your avatar is too big. Please choose something smaller, or it will be removed.

Who's avatar? And couldn't this be done in a PM?

Ya if your good with the rattle can; black with a nice coat of clear will look real good.

cartman.gif

Bitch.

i hate the stupid faux woodgrain so i'm thinking about painting it. this is where you guys come in. what color do you think i should paint it . my interior is blue and the car is kinda white.

Hehe i think is french! Faux = Fake!

i went out and got euro trim pieces that are dark greyish and replaced all the wood trim pieces in my base Lumina with them. Looks real good against grey interior.

Euro trim pieces:

DSCN3036Medium.jpg

Damn your interior looks good.

Thanks dude. I got it in '04 pretty damn spotless - only wear is the driver's side floor mat, and the seat has a bit. As you can see I over do it with the rubber mats - especially in winter - but it makes spring cleaning a snap! Pressure wash the mats, vacuum/shampoo the odd spot on the car and it's good to go. If my dash pad wasn't fucked up it'd be a lot nicer.

Please don't paint your interior panels. I'd just go out and get Euro ones, they're easy enough to snap in and out.

Also, if you don't have the three-spoke wheel, I suggest you find a Z34 in a yard and get one, the Z wheels are a little meatier and they're nicer looking. Knowing you have woodgrain tells me you probably have the grandpa wheel.

Please don't paint your interior panels. I'd just go out and get Euro ones, they're easy enough to snap in and out.

Also, if you don't have the three-spoke wheel, I suggest you find a Z34 in a yard and get one, the Z wheels are a little meatier and they're nicer looking. Knowing you have woodgrain tells me you probably have the grandpa wheel.

If you paint them black they don't look gaudy at all....

• 2 weeks later...

i have decided to paint them white when i paint the car. and i have the 3 spoked wheel. here's a pic

lumina014.jpg

Dude, you need to do a swap to a center consol shift. If you need help with that, gimme a holler. It only takes about an hour or so :wink:

Damn your interior looks good.

Thanks dude. I got it in '04 pretty damn spotless - only wear is the driver's side floor mat, and the seat has a bit. As you can see I over do it with the rubber mats - especially in winter - but it makes spring cleaning a snap! Pressure wash the mats, vacuum/shampoo the odd spot on the car and it's good to go. If my dash pad wasn't fucked up it'd be a lot nicer.

HAHAHAHA

My carpets are trashed, and I still go overboard. I tell people when they get into the car to make sure to keep their feet ON the floor mats.

I shampoo the carpets in the fall, let them dry, put the dealership protective sticky sheets over the carpeting up to the door trim around the edges, then three layers of floor mats on top. Damn light grey interior, I HATE it. !!!

Lumi looks really nice man.

And I'd go with black trim. Black is always a good bet for any color to match. :)