GOD*MMIT! WHY THE F*CK DOES MY SIGNAL SWITCH KEEP BREAKING ON ME?!!?!

sonick

Okay, seriously this is getting ridiculous. I only recently replaced the switch like a year and a half, two years ago, and now its on the fritz again... This is pissing me off, yet another damn $150+ repair for parts and labour.

Is there a REASON behind the signal switch malfunctioning? Is there something I could do to prevent it from happening?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I've never had this happen to me. Maybe goto a junkyard, take a apart the steering column of your car there, learn it, and do it to yours? I have to do this for my high beam. Same switch.

mine has done this twice now, but i just keep pulling it apart and cleaning it. I thik this time i'm going to bend the little tabs out so they put more pressure on the rings they ride on for contact, then maybe they will stay put and it wont break again.

mine has done this twice now, but i just keep pulling it apart and cleaning it. I thik this time i'm going to bend the little tabs out so they put more pressure on the rings they ride on for contact, then maybe they will stay put and it wont break again.

How do you go about cleaning it? Just brushing it off?

Thanks for the info guys, mine doesn't have an airbag, so it shouldn't be too bad getting in there.

nice thread title :rolleyes:

Apologies if I offended you, but it was quite frustrating to find out it was on the fritz last night, having only replaced it less than a year and a half ago. That plus the fact I am a poor college student and $150+ to have it replaced by a mechanic is a huge chunk out of my bank account and not something I expected.

I've done a few.... I always slather the switch area with dielectric grease.... and bend the contacts out. I've only had two switches out of about 15 I've messed with that were too worn that they had to be discarded.

Just an update... Dodged a bullet here, turns out it was a loose connection at the harness behind the glove box beside the fusebox. Whew... But I managed to pull the wheel and took a look at the switch itself; at least now I know how to replace it or fix it next time.

Thanks all