Well this blows donkeys to sleep...

ihateallmustangs

it's rather easy.

Yeah but I don't feel like it :lol: The car dosen't need them but I have no Idea when they were done last so im focred to do then anyway.

You have choosen WISELY my son.

same gaskets I just bought and threw into the 94. I replaced the original gasket (LOOK FOR A DATE STAMP ON YOURS) it was not leaking yet... but the plastic around the coolant passages was gone!!!! first overheat and the pressure would have blown the silicone seals out of place.

pay me... and I'll get it done in a day. :P

i have a GM service manual for 1989 cutlass supremes. it's brian's old one. i used it when i did the head gaskets on my old 91. you'll see which pages i looked at from the finger marks. :razz: it came in handy for torque specs. if you want it, just pay for shipping.

P2080005.jpg

OOPS i just noticed 3100. :redface: levermind.

i have a GM service manual for 1989 cutlass supremes. it's brian's old one. i used it when i did the head gaskets on my old 91. you'll see which pages i looked at from the finger marks. :razz: it came in handy for torque specs. if you want it, just pay for shipping.

P2080005.jpg

OOPS i just noticed 3100. :redface: levermind.

:eek: :eek:

Well it's done. Not a bad job and time consuming. The felpro gaskets are far superior to the gm ones (even metal rather then plastic). There was small pitt marks in the intake where the coolant ports are and of coarse the gasket was not well around the coolant ports either. So I imagein my gasket was seeping anyway. She runs great but my engine light is now on (have no clue why because the car runs cherry) how do i get codes from a 96'?

Well it's done. Not a bad job and time consuming. The felpro gaskets are far superior to the gm ones (even metal rather then plastic). There was small pitt marks in the intake where the coolant ports are and of coarse the gasket was not well around the coolant ports either. So I imagein my gasket was seeping anyway. She runs great but my engine light is now on (have no clue why because the car runs cherry) how do i get codes from a 96'?

good luck. make sure all the sensors under the hood are connected. that is probably your reason. OR... I just did the intake and had my check engine light on... I made one error. I mixed the coilpacks and therefore crossed my spark plug wires. I tired to start it... and discovered my mistake. Correcting my error left the car trying to rev at 1500 with the light on. I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery to correct a BAD relearn.

They are easy once you've done them!

My truck was easy too, I just wouldn't want to deal with the 3x00's rocker setup.

The rocker setup is very easy to deal with.. I just wouldnt touch the VVT setup.

They are easy once you've done them!

My truck was easy too, I just wouldn't want to deal with the 3x00's rocker setup.

The rocker setup is very easy to deal with.. I just wouldnt touch the VVT setup.

What do you have to do for the VVT setup?

Upon pulling the oil pump drive gear I noticed it had two seals. One o-ring and a seal on the top as well. Is this normal? or has someone done it once before? In anycase in anycase the gasket was good so I cleaned it up and applied some expensive sealer and put it back in.