Water on floor..

MonteCarloChick

So I get into my car yesterday and I notice there's about 1 inch of standing water on the passenger (front) side floor. WTF. There's no visible leaks that I can see at all.. so I have no clue.

Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks y0

Leaking heater core could cause it...

But if it's water, then start looking for leaks around the windshield and around the top of the door.

You see, there a massive amount of dust in my car so I'd see if there was a leak somewhere. And I see nothing but the standing "water" (it's now dirty because of the winter dirt on the floor..). :lol:

Not necessarily as my 1992 Tempest would leak too and leave 1" of water on the floor...I couldn't see where it came from either, turned out there was not only a rust hole at the top of the windshield, the weatherstripping was out of alignment and was letting water in between the door through the jamb.

Suggestion: Run it through an automatic car wash......And wear a rain coat...(and take pics...i have strange fetishes...)

But if it's water, then start looking for leaks around the windshield and around the top of the door.

when my heater core went on my olds, it didnt really smell strong of coolant. also, it will run down the pan under the carpet, then puddle down there. so you wont see any leak runs on top of the carpet.

stick your fingers in it and smell it. go from there.

when my heater core went on my olds, it didnt really smell strong of coolant. also, it will run down the pan under the carpet, then puddle down there. so you wont see any leak runs on top of the carpet.

SIGGED!

SIGGED!

DAMMIT i knew that would happen! :lol:

could be from one of those plugs in the firewall. The ones that wires and cables go through I have seen those get dry rotted or just pop out of the hole. check as close to top of the carpet as you can get and see if its wet up there.

sometimes the drain tube from the hvac unit is clogged, but the generation of moisture should occur only if the a/c is on....

That's what the Toyota's problem was.

Also, Nichole, maybe in the freezing temps you ripped some weatherstripping along a door? Just throwing out ideas.

I'd check along the firewall, at the seams with the floorpan to the firewall, and what not.

Also, pull up the carpet when you get a chance and make sure there's no leak from the bottom.

I'd check along the firewall, at the seams with the floorpan to the firewall, and what not.

Also, pull up the carpet when you get a chance and make sure there's no leak from the bottom.

Ya, check the cowl and firewall area.

it is problably the windshield leaking at the cowl. do you put silicone around the weatherstripping in the winter.sometimes if you dont it will stick to the door when it freezes. also my 93 eighty eight had a problem where the weatherstripping shrunk and leaked

On my Beretta it was a cowl leak (ALL Berettas leak there sooner or later, and most Corsicas do). Right by the intake for the HVAC stuff.

We took it to a car wash, peeled back the carpet, and traced the water droplets.

I never did take the carpet all the way out though, so it was mold and mildew city under there I'm sure. :lol: