car security

synistershadows

IMO, I'm a humongous DEI fan. Customer support is awesome, expandibility is top notch, plus the ease of install and programming.

Then again, I am an installer, and it's what I do for a living, so what do I know?

i havew heard that Viper alarms have a tendancy to have false alarms and has a few glitches and i havnt heard much on compustar though

I have a viper alarm, a Viper V5500 with the one mile range:

http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=112

I had it installed for $425 (including the trunk unlock module) after I got my first sound system stolen out of my trunk, and it hasn't yet given me issues or set off any false alarms.

There is a sensitivity setting on the side the brain that is fully adjustable. Most installer's turn them down just a bit, so it doesn't go if, if say a car with crappy exhaust drives by. Turning it up is at the owners request.

ok well now iv changed my mind :lol:

im getting this Autostart one

http://www.autostart.ca/prodInfo.php?alarm=1&starter=1&tw=1&prod=AS-6850TW-FM

for thoes who dont know auto start was a car starter company here in canada best around anyways built to last in the cold and recently this company was bought out by DEI so its now got the same quality alarm that viper has and amazing car starter capabilities and its half the price of the Viper alarm

I now have GM Goodwrench alarms so I can use the factory remotes.

If your talking about the add-on one's, DEI made those also ;)

I am...And i know. ;)

I have the Pursuit Alarm system in my EGT, never given me problems at all. I added power door locks on the car as well so I like it.

Sweet, someone said Pursuit.

I have a pursuit alarm/keyless/remote kit on my car... had to, HAD to put it in when I got the stereo installed.

Bottom line though... I'm sick of screwing with the problematic-demonaic-fussy-all-around-irritating-but-oh-so-smexy door handles and their assemblies. To get the last driver handle put on and functioning properly, some bending of arms was required... the way its bent, it knocked the pin off the arm to the driver lock cylinder. At that point, I just decided to get buttons to lock/unlock the doors. It just scaled up from there when I decided on a larger all-around investment.

Love the pursuit, though it's glitchy for me. Alarm likes to set off about 30 seconds after remote start. Occasionally goes off in the parking lot at night, only see kitty prints on it.