Picking out my next W-body

skalor

Which one should I get??  

1. 1. Which one should I get??

• Grand Prix TSTE (white only)
    • Lumina Z34 (5 speed)
    • Keep the GAGT

5-speed Z34 with possible turbo upgrade in the future.

I have to echo the OP's comments about N-bodies. My girlfriend has one and I've had to replace everything he did on that car. It's too bad, I think it's a pretty sexy looking vehicle. They just seem to have some odd quality issues with electronics and fitment. :frown:

TSTE ftw!!! Did they even make duke powered lumis?

1990-92.

yes, there is one in the local yard. 2.5 boat anchor FTL

I would just get an STE... and throw in a L67 with a 5 speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but the grey z34s are so sexy. if i could find one in good shape i'd buy it. then i'd have sex with it. or the other way around, whatever.

I def love the grey Z's, rare as they are would love to get one. I do however love my Maui Blue Z. I have yet to find one around here.

[me=ManicMechanic]knows where a grey/grey 5 speed Z34 is located...[/me]

And it's been there for at least 2 years in the same spot...:(

but the grey z34s are so sexy. if i could find one in good shape i'd buy it. then i'd have sex with it. or the other way around, whatever.

I def love the grey Z's, rare as they are would love to get one. I do however love my Maui Blue Z. I have yet to find one around here.

i would love to have a 3.4 DOHC 5spd. :drool:

So, where is it?? :D

Liberty Hill, Tx

Well, I'm definitely not keeping the Grand Am. I just took it to get aligned and they told me that it needs a new passenger outer tie rod end, but I just replaced them last February!! I'm sorry but I've never had to replace this many parts on one car so many times in a row. Actually, I don't think I've even replaced this many parts on all my cars combined(not counting brakes and tires). I'm not buying cheap parts either, I've had to replace the one front wheel bearing twice and both times I used Timken. Besides this car I've never even had to replace a wheel bearing and I've had a lot of GM FWD cars('89 TGP, '89 TGP, '90 Lumina, '90 Ciera, '89 Ciera, '99 GTX). Sorry for the rant but N-bodies are junk. :evil:

EDIT: I didn't even mention that the A/C compressor clutch is going bad as well, so add that to the list of bad parts.

Well, I'm definitely not keeping the Grand Am. I just took it to get aligned and they told me that it needs a new passenger outer tie rod end, but I just replaced them last February!! I'm sorry but I've never had to replace this many parts on one car so many times in a row. Actually, I don't think I've even replaced this many parts on all my cars combined(not counting brakes and tires). I'm not buying cheap parts either, I've had to replace the one front wheel bearing twice and both times I used Timken. Besides this car I've never even had to replace a wheel bearing and I've had a lot of GM FWD cars('89 TGP, '89 TGP, '90 Lumina, '90 Ciera, '89 Ciera, '99 GTX). Sorry for the rant but N-bodies are junk. :evil:

EDIT: I didn't even mention that the A/C compressor clutch is going bad as well, so add that to the list of bad parts.

Hence the reason I am insulted when someone says to me, "Thats a Grand Am, right?" NO! It's a Grand PRIX. They were built for quality. Working in detail and body shops has yielded me experience dealing with higher mileage cars to an excessive extent... and I've seen so many more first-gen w bodies in much better working order than the N-bodies. Like you said, inside door trim comes unglued, the front ends fall apart, the dashes warp and pull apart, for general overal useage and longevity.. I'd get a W- over an N- any day. I cant vote on this poll though, because the only W- I've had experience with is my GP. And I <3 her to this day. :D I'm hitting 190k and still replacing factory parts.. I've only had one replacement part go out, a ball joint, and it could have been a friday afternoon part, if ya know what I mean.