Picking out my next W-body

skalor

Which one should I get??  

1. 1. Which one should I get??

• Grand Prix TSTE (white only)
    • Lumina Z34 (5 speed)
    • Keep the GAGT

I just finished paying off my '99 Grand Am GT and I really don't want to keep the car any longer because it always has something wrong with it. I've had to replace 3 wheel bearings, 3 sets of front brakes, a window regulator, re-glue the door panels, and change the intake manifold gasket. I don't mind working on my car but between my Grand Am, my brother's Grand Am and his Alero I just see how crappy N-bodies really are. It's pretty sad that I consider an older W-body to be more reliable than a newer N-body. Anyways, I'm hoping to end up with ~$4000 from the Grand Am and I'm looking at possibly getting two different W-bodies. I would like to get either a TSTE or a Z34. I think I'll have an easier time getting a TSTE but I would definitely love to get a silver 5 speed Z34. Anyways, what does everyone else think??

Wow, there must be a lot of turbo GPs around where you live, I've hardly ever seen one. I'd go with the 5 speed Z34, I miss mine a lot, and that says something with as much as I hate working on the 3.4. Either way dump the GA for sure.

I vote for a 'Duke-equipped Lumina sedan.

For extra fun, make sure it also has a bench seat and a column-shifted 125C.

Hey thats what I got, but it has the 3.1 instead. Fun fun fun! I actually like the seats alot and will not upgrade

but the grey z34s are so sexy. if i could find one in good shape i'd buy it. then i'd have sex with it. or the other way around, whatever.

i'm just not big on the 4 door w body. granted it's a turbo, but i think i'd still rather have a 5 speed grey z

but the grey z34s are so sexy. if i could find one in good shape i'd buy it. then i'd have sex with it. or the other way around, whatever.

I def love the grey Z's, rare as they are would love to get one. I do however love my Maui Blue Z. I have yet to find one around here.

Of those three options, the only car worth considering is a Turbo STE. Yeah, a Z34 M5 is cool, but compared to a Turbo STE...no contest.

I've already had two black '89 TGPs so it wouldn't really be anything new to me. I even converted my second TGP to manual with a getrag 284. I think what's going to happen is that what ever one I stumble across first is going to be the one I'm going to buy. :cool: