Everybody should know! :)

K@m3l0t

And I use these before I ever freakin jack it up...

Minilifts3.gif

wow thanks for posting a pic of those ramps. those could defintiely come in hand for my car and my dads vette. :cool:

Those are sweet! I had to buy different ramps for the GT, and they barely clear. And then they are only 8 inches high, so when I am on the creeper the bottom of the motor is practically in my face.

I have no problem changing the fliter on my GT.

No they don't, you turn the wheel all the way to the right and go in through the fender.

On a 2.2 OHV J-body?

Nope.

Best way is from under the car.

I meant 3300s and 3800s.

lol he used a cresent wrench and a fram oil filter

HEY!!!! whats wrong with fram filters???? I've always used them.

L36 and L67's should have a plastic splashguard over that oil filter because wheel spray had my 4 month old oil filter coated with yuck. I spent 15mins just cleaning the area where the filter attaches and then cleaning it again once off so that I knew there would not be any dirt between the filter and mating surface. One errant rock from the wheel and PING a hole in the filter.

I shudder at using adjustable wrenches on ANY valuable bolts. If you don't have the right socket on the right drive ... you should not be doing it.

I had to jack the car up though to get under and at the pan bolt. Ramps would be fine but I would not have been able to twist the wheel right to get the oil filter.

hey quit making fun of this guy he was a chevrolet mechanic for 10 years so he must know what hes doing.

Yeah ... betcha he could change an intake gasket faster than a jackrabbit. :lol:

I feel sorry for all you guys doing oil changes on the ground :mrgreen:

Fram makes terrible filters.

Good: Purolater, AC Delco

Better: Pure One, Mobil1

of course, there are a couple more, but that's a good list.

I thought most parts stores carried them. I know Advance carries them for sure.

all my info is based on what i've read (tests and reports), although I can't site anything. ACD are only slightly better than purolator.

I've always used AC Delcos. For the TGP, AC Delco has an oil filter with a one-way valve in it. Thats what Jeff M says on turbograndprix.com anyway. I run that filter.

you pansies and your jacks and ramps........i bench that bitch w/one hand and change the oil w/ the other! :rolleyes: :burnout:

yeah right! i need to get mine in, procrastination baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

I have to drive my GP's front wheels up on blocks to get a jack under it...LOL

lowered FTW!!!

my cousin and i bought a low profile floor jack after we both lowered our cars. it's teh hotness

I have to drive my GP's front wheels up on blocks to get a jack under it...LOL

lowered FTW!!!

my cousin and i bought a low profile floor jack after we both lowered our cars. it's teh hotness

So that means you dont have that pos jack anymore?!?!?!?!?!