Difference between H and W Bodies ?

Hippie

A woman at work has a '99 or '00 Grand Prix GT and when she parks next to my LeSabre her GP honestly looks slightly larger, I know it isn't but just how much difference is there between the 2 ? Sure doesn't look like there is much difference as far as outside dimensions. :? Is it more in the size and layout of the passenger compartment ? Or are the fumes from all that model car paint and glue I breathed in putting together AMT 3 in 1's as a kid catching up with me ?

I dunno... if it was a Lumina Z34, I'd say it was bigger.... my Z34 is about 1.5 - 2 feet longer than my brothers GP :lol:

I have to drive his car right now... since he took mine to go to a wedding... since his won't make it... and damn.... there is NO room behind that steering wheel.... it's almost like a Cavalier :shock:

I think a gen 2 W-body is closer to an H-body than a gen 1 W-body.

I know the gen 2's can fit big ol' DOHC V8's like Northstars while gen 1's just don't have the room firewall side.

Gen 1 W-body compared to an H-body has about 3-4" of difference in length, but I think an H-body definitely has a lot more underhood room.

Comparing a Gen 2 to an H-body, I'm really not sure what the differences are. Maybe interior room, or just that 3-4" difference in length.

wait a second...you said the genII w-bodys could fit a v8 in it????? i have a 95 and thats genII right? hmm....thats got me thinkin'...

* BUZZER *

Nope, but you're close.

Gen 1.5 W-Bodies:

1995 - 2000? Lumina

1995 - 1999 Monte Carlo

Gen II W-Bodies:

1997+ Grand Prix

1997+ Regal

2000+ Monte Carlo

Someone spot check me on these years...

It's been a long day for me.

- Erik

Yup..those years look right :D

Someone once showed me a pic of a V8 under the hoold of what looked like a GenII W-body.

Here's the pic: :D

osv.jpg

thats the OSV Intrigue pic right there, the 86-91 H-Bodys are close too the same size as the gen 1 w-bodys.

Intrigue gen 2 98-2002

1988 1996 1999

Oldsmobile Oldsmobile Oldsmobile

Delta 88 Cutlass Supreme Eighty Eight

Royale 4 Dr Sedan SL Series IV 4 Dr Sedan 50th Anniversary Edition

4 Sedan

Wheelbase 110.8 107.5 110.8

Length 196.1 193.7 200.4

Height 55.5 54.8 55.7

Width 72.4 71 74.1

Front Headroom N/R 38.7 38.7

Front Legroom N/R 42.4 42.5