XM question

z34duck

I have been thinking about adding xm radio to the z34.

The commander unit looks like it come with everything i need.

But what about some of the newer ones (express). they come with a car kit that hooks up through the cassette player lol .I have no cassette player. Can these units still be used in my car and if so what else do i need to buy to make them work? any help would be great

Ok, what comes in the unit is garbage- this is true for XM and sirius. Do you have a factory or aftermarket deck? If you have factory, your best option would be to buy an XM Direct FM Modulator. Basically, instead of using the crappy wireless fm modulator built in, it plugs in line with the antenna line behind your radio, giving a direct connection. This allows for a sound about as good as what a good FM station would sound like.

If you have aftermarket, it should have some sort of input- get the appropriate cables, and go that route, even better sound quality.

Ok, what comes in the unit is garbage- this is true for XM and sirius. Do you have a factory or aftermarket deck? If you have factory, your best option would be to buy an XM Direct FM Modulator. Basically, instead of using the crappy wireless fm modulator built in, it plugs in line with the antenna line behind your radio, giving a direct connection. This allows for a sound about as good as what a good FM station would sound like.

If you have aftermarket, it should have some sort of input- get the appropriate cables, and go that route, even better sound quality.

what he said!!

I have a kenwood in my jimmy with a xm direct and it sounds even better than FM, it cost me around $100 bucks for the xm direct and the thing that goes from the xm direct to the hu.

Hey guys I have a JVC deck that's Sirius ready. What do I all need to get/hook up Sirius? Like buying a package, cables, antenna?

How old is the JVC deck? Or which model specifically?

Depending on the age, it may need a different Sirius tuner and antenna than what is currently in stores.

Hey guys I have a JVC deck that's Sirius ready. What do I all need to get/hook up Sirius? Like buying a package, cables, antenna?

FYI you can also get XM. Just throwing it out there.