Car isn't as healthy as i thought...

92Cutlass4Dr

I noticed some spots on the driveway and took a closer look at my engine. I have an oil leak, and it looks like it is coming from some sort of a plug just under the throttle body (and a bit to the front of the car). My dad looked at it too and said it looks like the spot where a distributor would come out of the engine (if it had one). anyone ever have this problem? any help would be appreciated.

To top it off, i also seem to have a power steering leak, but i have no idea where it's coming from. Should be a fun couple of days :(

your oil leak has happened frequently on this bored.... not to me yet, though, you need to change the oil pump gasket.... which is the one where the distributor would go.... I hear it's PITA to change... some people I think have found a shortcut.... search for it....

Thanks guys! I have the 3.1, so it doesn't look like it will be too much of a pain. I think I'll have time tomorrow to do it, but before i do i'd like to clarify how to do it:

remove the air intake hose and move the throttle body out of the way; clean around the plug; remove the bolt on the plug and remove the oil pump drive; replace the seal with a brown silicone o-ring bought from a dealer; reassemble oil pump drive and TB.

questions: do i need a new seal around the TB if i remove it? there was some mention of a gear or something needing to fit into place, can somebody explain this? if i pull the coolant hoses, should i drain the coolant first?

Thanks again

Thanks guys! I have the 3.1, so it doesn't look like it will be too much of a pain. I think I'll have time tomorrow to do it, but before i do i'd like to clarify how to do it:

remove the air intake hose and move the throttle body out of the way; clean around the plug; remove the bolt on the plug and remove the oil pump drive; replace the seal with a brown silicone o-ring bought from a dealer; reassemble oil pump drive and TB.

questions: do i need a new seal around the TB if i remove it? there was some mention of a gear or something needing to fit into place, can somebody explain this? if i pull the coolant hoses, should i drain the coolant first?

Thanks again

if pulling coolant hoses, i'd drain it. what better time to flush a radiator and kill two birds with one stone?!?!?

i just drained it about 2 months ago when i replaced the low coolant sensor, so it doesn't need it again. i'm gonna try to do it without pulling the hoses if i can

I think with the gears, what you need to know is this. At the end of the drive shaft, there are teeth that fit onto other teeth in the block, and you have to line them up to make it go back on correctly. Its just time consuming and you will need some patience

Robby