Well i blew my motor

Aaron

Stop racing these cars every chance you get. You frequently change the oil? 130k to spin a crank bearing is premature to say the least. Honestly if you don't have the cash, just pull the engine, and replace the bearings. Dont touch anything else

i change the oil every 3k miles with mobil 1 synthetic and a pure 1 filter, a 40$ oil change.

as for racing it, i dont. yah i drove the car hard, it didnt like my 18 runs or so at the track, but i dont race it unless my contender is worthy. i wont race much. i race Grand Prixs, mustangs, and camaros. other than that, most the cars are a waste of my time.

and that is what we plan to do on the rebuild.

This is not the first time I've heard of a spun bearing on a 3.4 DOHC.

Although DOHC's are designed to be high-revving, the 3.4 DOHC itself is derived from a pushrod engine. Isn't the crank and bearings the same as a 3.1L?

Although DOHC's are designed to be high-revving, the 3.4 DOHC itself is derived from a pushrod engine. Isn't the crank and bearings the same as a 3.1L?

could be a reason it only revs to 7k or so.... (I think....)

7k is a lot. I noticed when I'm driving the 3.4 convertible like a sane normal person, I hardly ever go much above 4k.

Yeah but its so fun to hit over 6k, I took my dad for a ride yesterday who drives a Series 1 3800 in a Bonneville. I was concerned about the tranny and I hit it and he was like shit for a car with this many miles it runs pretty damn good.

only? thats pretty high if you think about. a 3.4 is a midsized bored V6, it doesnt have pistons the size of a dime to throw back and forth like a S2000. so that isnt bad at all, and i win a lot of races do to the fact that i run to 7 while the mustangs and auto Z28s were shifting at 5500.

only? thats pretty high if you think about. a 3.4 is a midsized bored V6, it doesnt have pistons the size of a dime to throw back and forth like a S2000. so that isnt bad at all, and i win a lot of races do to the fact that i run to 7 while the mustangs and auto Z28s were shifting at 5500.

I know, but my truck didn't exactly have tiny pistons either.... a 2.6L (almost the same size as a 4.0 V6....and is the same size as a 5.2L V8....)) 4 cylinder.... (yeah, yeah, better balancing and stuff, but still...)

You bastard you stole my avatar. Police, Police?

against an auto LT1 camaro, they pull VERY slightly, like they never gain any room between us, my front bumper stays right with their rears. against GT stangs, i havnt found a stock one yet that can beat me, although the new 4.6s are damned close, throw an intake on and im done.