Well i blew my motor

Aaron

Yup. details to come when i get DSL(this week) and dont have to worry about writing a long topic then having invalid_session deleting it. this is the first time ive cried in months if not years.

im sorry bro, there comes a time in every mans life where he has to deal with shit like this, but for me this would be an oppertunity to brag, and get a new engine

I guess somebody doesnt have the fastest Z34 anymore.......... :lol:

To be serious, thats a tough break, if it happend by accident, I take pitty on you. If you were doing something crazy/stupid, then maybe you deserved it. All in all, tough break, no one wants to see such a nice car die

i was about to say that...wanan brag anymore aabout your fast z34? I guess my 3100 is much faster than that thing now

yeah...it would suck with a blown motor though...Id hate to be there

jon

i was about to say that...wanan brag anymore aabout your fast z34? I guess my 3100 is much faster than that thing now

Ouch, that's a low blow.

Sucks to hear you blew your motor. How did it happen and what where you doing?

That sucks man. Truthfully, if it was me though, I would be thrilled, because I knew it was time for a bigger, badder engine. Don't get too down, because now you get to build up another one.

that really sucks Aaron.. what exactly happened to the motor? i hope you are able to rebuild the LQ1. whatever you do.. DON'T go to the dark side (ie L67 swap).

That sucks man. Truthfully, if it was me though, I would be thrilled, because I knew it was time for a bigger, badder engine. Don't get too down, because now you get to build up another one.

you gonna pay for it???

ok here goes. i guess it was just done racing, at 130k miles i guess it just didnt want to go to 7k anymore. my friend got a 1991 TSi Talon, turbo 2.0L 4 banger. well he was all making up crap and sayinbg how fast it is. well he asked me to race him, i said no cuz i dont race things that i will just slautter. so we went to the movies, and on the way back i decided id set him strait on wats fast and wat isnt. so we ran from 40 to 110. i had 5 car lenghs when i shut it down. so i pull to the gas station, and it is just scary. it still runs, just sounds like a diesel with a loud clanking. so i have my dad check it out, he just sighs. it is so embarrasing to drive home and sit next to a ricer when your cars motor sounds that bad. it still runs and has the same power. turns out a spun a crankshaft bearing. i dunno what im gonna do, but either way i get to drop my motor. i might go underneath and replace the bearings from the oil pan or i might go all out and get new everything and have head work done, but thats more $$$ i dont have. and my dad thinks that i may have broken my crankshaft too. so thats what happened, we will be rebuilding it.

yeah, that sucks, i was there with my L27 not too long ago.... 2 connecting rods, and bits and pieces of crankshaft in my oil pan... hope all is well and not too much $$$

Aaron sorry to hear that. Hope everything works fine.

If it makes you feel better, I am publicly asking people to pray, light some candles or sacrifice a baby goat. Robby and Supreme_Style21 both scacrificed a goat and possum for me and my ticket troubles went away!! :-)

Man i really do love these boards cuz you not only get support and condolensce from some great guys, but also some kicking-while-your-down from some real assholes...j/k (well, not really cuz its the truth, but)

Yeah that definately sucks. I hate to see it happen. Hopefully you will get it fixed soon so you can brag about how you fastest N/A 3.4 W-Body some more. (That is a hint that we are getting sick of hearing it) Well, on the bright side, you can fix the engine with all built up internals, although it will cost you a few $$$.

A ClubGP member just did this on friday:

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

He is pretty sure the cylinder 6 injector went bad causing this. I will tell you right now that your engine is not that bad...because this is BAD.

Aaron, I didn't kill a kitten, but I beat a pussy for ya. Good luck w/ it. Think of it this way, if the guy in the pic about was driving a Honduh, the piston would have exited the block. I can't tell you how often that happens. You'd be surprised.

I guess somebody doesnt have the fastest Z34 anymore.......... :lol:

Too bad, but seriously I feel bad for you dude. I'd be so fuckin pissed if that happend to me. I guess it stood up to some abuse for a pretty long time though based on some of your posts. You'll get it figured out I'm sure. I guess my stock auto is faster at any altitude :lol: :lol: (inside joke)

Stop racing these cars every chance you get. You frequently change the oil? 130k to spin a crank bearing is premature to say the least. Honestly if you don't have the cash, just pull the engine, and replace the bearings. Dont touch anything else