How do you think these would do

brocno2454

I am looking at picking these up for my gp. I like the fact that is a nice package deal. I have one mtx twelve with 300watts going to it right now and it hits good enough for me but it is also a higher end mtx I think it is a 5500. If you think these are good or not let me know.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19134

Mehh...... I would pass. Granted, it's a decent price, MTX is not that great of a product.

What's your price range? If your looking for loud, you could do a helluva lot better even with a single 10" in the right box.

But, I'd personally recommend a single 12, or dual 10's or 12's.

The HO box that kicker makes for those subs are alright, but it's a beast, especially for two entry level subwoofers.

Tell ya what, I'll put together a package for ya. Do you mind building a box, or would rather buy one?

Gotcha.

$160 shipped for 2 12" subs. These are RE's entry level subwoofers, but they will probably be the best "bang" for the buck. And, you will not need a humongous amplifier either, as they are low power subwoofers.: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-RE-AUDIO-RE12-12-SUBS-RESONANT-ENGINEERING-SUB-pair_W0QQitemZ170189123816QQihZ007QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As much as I hate to tell you to buy pre-fabbed, less than $50: http://cgi.ebay.com/Carpet-Box-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Pro-Car-Audio-New-12D3_W0QQitemZ230218778774QQihZ013QQcategoryZ50566QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's $210 right there.

• 1 month later...

It depends what MTXs you get. the 9500 15" is one of the loudest and most durable subs on the market. I've pushed as much as 3000 REAL Watts RMS into one with no cooking. We had a crossfire amp powering it. As for the 5500s, they're not much better than a sony. the kicker CVRs would be your best bet, with those subs you could put 50 watts into em and they'll pound, and when your ready, you could put as much as 200-300 RMS watts into 1 12 and it'll slam way louder. Alpine is GREAT but it takes alot of clean power to push them. I would recomend Kicker CVRs for your particular application.

You will always struggle with a sub in a sub-par substandard enclosure. The simple fact is a box can really make or break a system.

I wouldnt rush right out and buy some big sub you cant afford to power either.

Sit back, think about it a bit.

What benefit will you have by getting a big sub in a crappy box? A big sub you probably cant afford to properly power? In the end your reults will just be terrible.

Your absolute best bet and bang for the buck is to get a game plan going. Pick a sub to match your amp, or pick a full setup right off the bat.

In 13 years Ive seen it go down wrong to many times. Think smarter, spend less, get more output ;)

Just because a sub can take 3000 WRMS doesnt mean its loud or will sound good ;) Ive built a special box for a single 12" sub armed with a $15 wal mart sub could probably score higher than anyones set of "average 12's in an average" box. oh and it will sound better doing it to. Likewise Ive got an 8" sub box next to me that will battle mny set of 10's...

So to recap. Sub enclosures are crucial to the overall sound and output of a sub. Good sub, crappy box = crap. Crappy sub, good box = better.

Big subs doesnt always mean big sound.

Proper power utilization with proper box design is the key to success.

:mrgreen: