exhaust doughnut

cutlassdude96

how comon are the exhaust doughnut going out on these cars. Where is it and what does it look like, I know it is in the rear some where.

The 'exhaust donut' is the gasket that goes between the front exhaust pipe and the exit point of the exhaust manifold. They do burn up once in a while.

Do you mean that metallized/carbon gasket that slips over the flange on the rear exhaust manifold and forms a ball-socket for the downpipe.... Or the rubber "doughnouts" that the mid pipe and cat hang from?

Do you mean that metallized/carbon gasket that slips over the flange on the rear exhaust manifold and forms a ball-socket for the downpipe.... Or the rubber "doughnouts" that the mid pipe and cat hang from?

I dont know, my ungle was over today helping me replace the alt. and said that the exhaust doughnut thingy might need replace, so Im taking it the exhaust place tomorrow and have them look at it.

I'm pretty sure that the doughnut that most people are talking about is the oval shaped rubber that holds the muffler, etc in place.

I've reinforced some rubber doughnuts with wire around to prevent them from coming off. Most common problem with the doughnuts is that when the car hits a huge bump and it stretches the rubber doughnut and when it returns back it might comes off, so I put wire around it to prevent them from coming off.

went up there today but have to wait until Thursday to get it put on. They have to order tomorrow have there Wed. and call me that sometime that day and it cost $50.

went up there today but have to wait until Thursday to get it put on. They have to order tomorrow have there Wed. and call me that sometime that day and it cost $50.

$50 is not TOO bad...

went up there today but they couldnt fix it, they tried to replace the one at rear to the head pipe but didnt help it, its the one on the crossover pipe that is leaking. :( I may have to go to the dealer to get it fix :?: