flex bellows

intern8tion9l

ok so i gotta suck it up and do something about gettin this pos fixed this year. anyone have the part # or dimensions of the ss braided sections to replace the stock sections? or a rebuilt one they want to sell me? :wink:

Hope you find someone that will weld it right. Some will weld it with a iron wire, or weld thru the pipes (holes) or weld it wrong and making the crossover not seal on the flinge ends. Good luck.

my friend colby went to school for it. he said if me and jim go in on a tig welder with him he will basically build a jig for us. and make however many we need.

and he can weld better than anyone I know.

$365!!! mucho dinero!

And again...people wonder why I do not make performance parts for these cars. :ugone2far:

$20 a piece? Holy SH!T with the cost of stainless and they only cost $20 a piece? What are they made of tin? Yeah those will last. :rolleyes:

my friend colby went to school for it. he said if me and jim go in on a tig welder with him he will basically build a jig for us. and make however many we need.

The cost of a decent (not very good) tig welder and all you will have to do is sell 35 of them at my profit margin for each and you will pay for the welder...not the cost of the materials to build the jig or the gas to make sure you have perfectly clean welds. Sounds like a good investment!Oh wait you will for sure under-cut my prices so that means you would have to sell about 45 to 50 of them just to pay for the welder. Good luck with that considering I have only sold 16 of them in 3 years! :thumb:

I side with Kenny...you get what you pay for. If someone wants a performance part, and they want real, TRUE improvements, it's going to cost. It's like people who won't buy a K&N filter for their cars...I see it constantly. I'm a regular hangout-customer at Advance Auto, and 9 times out of 10 people will snub the option for K&N because it costs 8 times the normal filter. Well, when you figure out the number of paper-element filters you will go through in the life of the car, one K&N has a lifetime warranty...and they improve your gas mileage and power!

Sorry if I'm out of line, but yes Kenny makes damn good products, and with what he charges for it, he's really not bringing in much profit when you add up the building costs. If you guys want to make your own pipes have at it! I always encourage people to experiment and share their findings. But don't knock a price or product when you KNOW it's quality.

Ouch...like I said, not trying to attack anyone, just stand up for a good product and person. I'm not saying yours won't turn out good...just kinda went off on my own tangent.

Curious, you said you make more than just those pipes....what else did you have in mind?

I'm not here to make excuses, but my comment about the crossover was because I bought mine off another board member for $150, I didn't know how much they originally cost. Kenny, I would also be interested down the line in some of those parts you mentioned.. any ideas of what you would be making?

believe me, i am not putting down any of ken's work! plenty of people swear by it and i'm sure it's great. all i'm sayin is that i need to dump a ton of money into my car this year to make it look and perform right, and if i can cut some corners(even if it turns out to be temporary), then i will.

i just wish i could bring this car out to colorado to get a damn tune!