GP shifter boot in a CS

jmoore4294

If I were to get an automatic transmission shifter boot from a grand prix, would it be a direct replacement for my cutlass? I could still use the cutlass' shifter knob too right? Thanks.

I did this same thing with my old '95 GP. I took one from a newer one, and it requires fabrication. The leather was stiff enough that it simply rode against the knob, and the bottom pretty much stayed clamped between the shifter assembly and mounting bracket. How's that for fabrication.

In short, it's possible, but do it better than I did mine. :lol:

I have one on mine. Pretty much did what John said, figured out how to wrap it around the base plastic, but there wasn't a good place to put screws or anything, but mine stays pretty darn good, i just occasionally see a little bit of leather sneaking into the gear selection area :lol:

521382_76_full.jpg

Can someone tell me how to remove the shifter knob? So I can take that trim piece off.

there is a clip on the front side (facing the climate control knobs, that you take a small flat head screwdriver and unclip it.....it is a piece of cake, comes right off, and you can put a different one on there, or leave the OEM too.....

• 2 weeks later...