god910

Okay, I now know the GP I am looking at is an 89. All the seats need to be replaced (tears but nothing major, just a pet-peave of mine). The hood looks like someone threw it on the ground, the drivers side headlight and turn signal lens are missing, (the buckets are there, it just looks like someone took it out), the drivers door handle is broken (IMAGINE THAT), and there is a dent in that little metal piece under the trunk lid (the piece that says Grand Prix) Other than that, all suspension and steering components are there, and the engine and tranny are gone. (Fine w/ me and my TGP motor) Worst part that I could see is there are two wiring harness' that come from under the shroud that covers the fuse panel (underhood pass. side) Both are cut, like w/ a bolt cutter. I assumre it's the engine harness and tranny harness, but I don't know. Anyone tell me what they are? There are lots of little random harness' around the compartment w/ plugs still attached, so I don't know why he cut these two, and only these. One more thing, it just says Grand Prix, no Se, no Le, nothing. How do I tell what is what? THanks alot for reading this long ass post.

If its an 89....

Exterior: If it was a BASE or LE there will be NO foglight inboard of the headlights. And it will have the black body trim all the way around the mid section, and the front grill looks like its one piece. If its an LE it could have whats called the Sport appearance Option which includes the fog lightds inboard of the headlights,and twin grill, Leather steering wheel and shift knob, buit still has the black body trim. If its an SE, it will not have the black body trim on the doors and rear qtr oanels and on the front and rear bumpers the black trim is the same color has the body. the TGP will have the B4U kit.

Interior: a BASE model doesn't have door pockets and could have the shifter in the column or the floor. The LE adds door pockets and fanicer trim work and could have the shifter in the column or the floor. The SE has the rear bucket seats, COULD have the DIC, will have the shifter on the floor. The TGP will have the DIC and the HUD.

The engine are :

BASE 2.8 Early or 3.1 later V6

LE 2.8 Early or 3.1 later V6

SE 2.8 Early or 3.1 later V6

TGP 3.1 turbo V6

if you give me the VIN # I could give you alot more information on the car.

Well, thanks but it's a moot point now, I found out the guy owes like $2000 on it, and can't get the title until it's payed off. (The goddamn thing isn't worth that running) There was nothing wrong w/ it, he had another car that he like better (a grand am) had a mechanic pull the tranny and put it in the GA, when he got the car back, the engine was not in it. The guy told him that instead of the amount he would knock off $400, and he didn't have an option becuase the guy had already sold the engine. This guy is spineless, he once payed (w/o challenging it) for a FUEL INJECTOR that was broken while a mechanic was replacing a fuel pump. $240 for ONE DAMN INJECTOR, the retard shouldn't have been near the injector. It's a 3.1 so, it's not like he accidentally took off the upper intake and broke an injector. So looks like the search continues for a decent GP.