crappy lights wont shut off

hell_raiser

my lights stay on like the mirror and rear lights they are pissing me off killing my battery too

all i can think off is pulling the damn switch in the dash

stupid lights

are you sure you don't have the dimmer clicked to "on"? my ex's family's car was like this, so they pulled the bulbs for almost two years, until I pointed it out when she told me that :lol:

The door trigger is tied into the domelight on these vehicle's, which all is through the headlight switch. So obviously if you pull the headlight switch, none of the stuff will work.

You need to rule out that it's not a faulty door trigger, or a bad ground. Headlight switches are cheap as well.

What year car? I'd have to consult my wiring diagrams, but I think if pulling the headlight switch shuts them off, there must be a short in the switch.

You might be able to pop the switch apart and fix the short if you're so inclined. Otherwise, the switch probably needs replacing.

I has the lights come on in my regal before, and it turned out to be a faulty switch. If i'd slam the slider back and fourth a few times they would turn off, but then sometimes they would come back on. I replaced the switch and never had an issue again.