Finished trunk rack... err, spoiler?

Captain Ficho

2949223_54_full.jpg

Well, I was bored on Tuesday night and decided to go against the grain. I took the trunk rack, hacked it up, painted it and now I suppose it is more of a spoiler than a trunk rack. I filled in the other holes from where the trunk rack was with bondo then sanded and painted the whole trunk lid again. After taking it off I realized that people were right when they told me to get rid of it completely but I decided I'd put it back on and if I get bored again later I might take it off and rid myself of it completely.

Feel free to be honest, I really just threw this together in a couple hours Tuesday evening and I think it looks decent.

way to take pictures of your '92 w-body in a cemetary. You're really asking for it there buddy. If I were you I'd go kiss your car goodnight for the next month.

Here are two more pictures.

2949223_56_full.jpg

2949223_55_full.jpg

I only took the pictures in that cemetary because it's quiet and you don't have to worry about blocking traffic or anything. Who says I don't kiss my car goodnight already anyways? :lol:

Cemetery pics?

bbfb084e.jpg

lol.

I like the wing but what I would have done was extended it to the width of the trunk lid, and not put on the things that go forward. So it is just a small little spoiler.. Just my two cents.

Update... I took the spoiler off and bondo'ed over the holes. I realized I like the plain trunk lid more than the spoiler or the trunk rack. :lol:

It didn't cost me much to make it anyways, just two cans of GM touch up paint which were 9.79 each. For $20 I tried it out and I just don't think the spoiler fit my car, although I appreciate the nice comments. It makes me feel like my work wasn't a complete waste. The trunk rack looked obscure, the spoiler looked a little bit less obscure but I think a plain trunk lid is the way to go.

Woot, plain trunk lid here I come... I have seen the light!