Roof Rack?

Mike

Hey guys,

Just got into snowboarding this winter and was wondering if anybody makes a roof rack for our cars. I drive an 89 Cutlass Coupe. I noticed that it does not have any rain gutters, nothing really for the roof rack to mount to...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

Do you have a rear pass thru in the backseat to the trunk? Some of the cars do. Might be easier to swap rear seats rather then add a roof rack.

At one point I needed to haul around a lot of construction materials (before I lowered the car). To accomplish this, I took out the back seats, emptied the trunk, and basically carried around 500+ pounds of materials in the back of my Regal.

It was fun.

Do you have a rear pass thru in the backseat to the trunk? Some of the cars do. Might be easier to swap rear seats rather then add a roof rack.

At one point I needed to haul around a lot of construction materials (before I lowered the car). To accomplish this, I took out the back seats, emptied the trunk, and basically carried around 500+ pounds of materials in the back of my Regal.

It was fun.

I constantly operate without a back seat. WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PICS OF MY LUMINA WITH A VERT DOOR INSIDE?

p.s xtremerevolution got to see first hand my 92 vert with two vert doors inside. I had to remove the T-handle to operate the shifter it was soooo tight!

what about those of us who need that back seat and trunk space yet still need to haul the boards?

Get a temporary trunk rack, or if you like the way the stock trunk racks look, get one, paint it to match your car, and install it. Problem solved.

what about those of us who need that back seat and trunk space yet still need to haul the boards?

Get one of the rear seats that allows a pass thru. I think every first gen have the provision cut out in the rear and even the sound deadening carpet has the provisions marked on it.

all impractical for me

i already have the cut out in the rear seats but its not big enough for my snowboard and i have my sound system back there with SOME trunk space left over but not alot

dont have the cash for a new vehical and to be honest i hate trunk racks with a passion