starting issue or no issue.

rockfangd

recently i noticed something that worries me on my 94 cutlass. when i turn the key on everything comes on normal but when i turn the key to start sometimes it will not turn over for a few seconds. It is kind of hard to explain but i can say that the security light does not seem to be the issue as i have had that problem before. so basically when i try to start the car i have to hold the key and after a few seconds it turns right over and fires. No issues when i use my car starter i might add. That is what i use when it doesnt want to turn over

Sounds like a loose or dirty connection. Slick can probably let us all know how a remote starter is wired..but I figure whatever is part of the igntion back of where the starter is wired in is where the problem is.

If you here just one click and nothing most of the time its just the starter sileniod. Mine has been doing the On click and nothing since I bought it in nov. 02 and it still starts fine for me if I release the key and turn it again. I would be happy if it quit all together so I can get a mini starter for it and have an excuse for it. If you don't here that one click then it maybe the switch not even getting power to the sileniod.

well thats the problem i hear nothing, then it just starts turning over and it is fine. I wonder if it also has something to do with the voltage problem. When the car starter is running the car the voltage is perfect even with the parking lights on. but when i push the brake to disable the starter sometimes It gets down to 12 volts. weird.

The remote start shouldn't really cause that sort of issue. Sounds like a failing ignition switch to me.

No I meant to figure out where the starter wires to, and then work back towards the ignition from there, as it seems the remote start always works.

yeah it is weird but it always works. It is wired in right under the dash. A thought occured to my though. It is a codealarm and part of the install you have to cut the starter wire and one wire goes to the starter side and the other goes to the ignition side. But everything looks good under the dash from what i can see.

Depending on how good the install was, it may have a moment that it takes for the current to flow through the relay pack.

And, the only reason to cut the starter wire is for a starter kill. Otherwise, just hooking up the motor side of the 2 starter wires up will do the job.

I've had issues starting up my '93 Lumina Z34. Try this, it works for me. Christines always been a bitch to start but I've done this to help out and it works great. Next time you want to start your car, turn the key to the on position, listen for the fuel pump, it'll whine and then stop. Turn the key on the off position and pull out of the ignition. Wait 5 seconds and repeat about 6 times. Then go ahead a start her up. I know Christine does this because I'm starting to have issues of her not starting when I please. I can't even use my remote start much because she won't start unless the fuel pump is primed. Good Luck.

well, mine decided to make me a half hour late for work yesterday, just sat there and clicked. She finally started, and then after work, I used my remote to start her (3 times, because she has a timer, and we didn't get done with work as soon as we thought) and she started up every time. I think as soon as it's warm I'm gonna have Ken help me redo all the grounds, because I can't think of any other reason for mine to do this

it may be the tumbler itself, youknow what i mean right lol. Happened on my gp, I could turn it to start, but it wouldnt, but if I held it there for a couple of seconds and fiddled with it it would just work. I say get another tumbler 50 bucks at the stealership and two new keys.

ditto, you could take the tumbler out, and manually push the lever/spring, whatever the tumbler pushes on. Many times the tumbler just doesnt catch it, try slanting your key to the right as you turn it. Thats how I figured out it was my tumbler.