Question regarding STB from GMPartsDirect

stu64

Thanks for the pic and info. I just wanted to double check. Do you feel a big difference?

Yeah, big difference, the car feels safe during hard cornering now. Plus, my rear STB helped a lot. Makes it very responsive on the highway

Robby

where does the rear STB attatch, and also is the rear STB included in the brace kit that is mentionned with the single STB?

Thanks for the pic and info. I just wanted to double check. Do you feel a big difference?

Yeah, big difference, the car feels safe during hard cornering now. Plus, my rear STB helped a lot. Makes it very responsive on the highway

Robby

where does the rear STB attatch, and also is the rear STB included in the brace kit that is mentionned with the single STB?

I adapted my rear STB from a factory front STB from a 92 Bonneville SSEi. Mine attaches to the top of the strut towers in the trunk. There are two studs sticking up, and I attached mine to those studs, and put nuts on top to hold it on. I had to get a longer middle bar, and cut some of the end brackes out to make it fit over the strut nut. I dont think the rear STB comes with that kit

Robby

slick94prix wrote:

Woo Hoo. I just went to the dealership and ordered mine. Should be in Wednesday.

How much did your dealership charge?

After taxes, $18 something. I can definately feel the difference, and now for the rear :D

in hour school we have a 4-period day so each one of our classes is an hour and a half long, i think that would be enough time to pump out 1 bar per day if you got into the swing of it

dude, block scheduling sucks ass. whoever thought that up was an idiot and should be shot. if i had to goto a school with that crap i would have dropped out freshman year. BTW..."hour"?.......i sure hope that was a typo, otherwise ill leave block scheduling to blame :lol:

I wish I had enough capital to start a business where I could work for myself! Or even an idea about what kind of business to get into!

Shawn, let's do it. We can pimp midgets or something. We could sell TGP motors because if all goes well I will have 3 of them by next Friday. Don't ask, don't ask.

Post #198

in hour school we have a 4-period day so each one of our classes is an hour and a half long, i think that would be enough time to pump out 1 bar per day if you got into the swing of it

dude, block scheduling sucks ass. whoever thought that up was an idiot and should be shot. if i had to goto a school with that crap i would have dropped out freshman year. BTW..."hour"?.......i sure hope that was a typo, otherwise ill leave block scheduling to blame :lol:

my high school was on a block 8 schedule 4 classes each day 1 hour 25 min. long and nobody complained about and my class was the first class to be there for the first 4 years. so I liked it. :)

yeah sorry i meant "period" isntead of "hour" in middle school we had classes that were an hour long and before we got out new school the classes were an hour long so everyone in the school says either 1st hour, 2nd hour, 3rd hour or 4th hour, thats just the way it goes. yeah we have 85 minute classes and there is nothing wrong with it! we get like a half an hour of lecturing and then we have the rest of the period to work on our homework, do labs or worksheets or whatever!personally i like it, that way you only have 4 classes and its alot easier to keep track of what homework you have in which classes! plus im signed up for band, thats an easy A, i figured, what the heck, it'll boost my GPA and i barely have to do anything! our band teacher doesnt even take attendance!!! like if your sick he'll count you present, and i have it 4th hour this coming year :twisted: so i can get out of school early if im havin a rough day (3 days out of the week if need be) its gonna be sweet, but then again, im signed up for AP chemistry :? they arent gonna offer that class my senior year so i have to take it as a junior

AP chem is a bitch, I couldn't even pass regular chemistry. I suck at anything that has to do with math and everything else I get A's. My school is just 9 periods, 42 minutes long each. I think thats the norm pretty much.

Just one question...is it hard to install? and is it worth it?

And does the dealerships still carry them?What do i do, just say I want a STB for my Cutlass?

Jon

I wish I had enough capital to start a business where I could work for myself! Or even an idea about what kind of business to get into!

Shawn, let's do it. We can pimp midgets or something. We could sell TGP motors because if all goes well I will have 3 of them by next Friday. Don't ask, don't ask.

Post #198

3!!! Maybe you should have left that local one for me! :lol:

All I needed was an engine hoist.