No charge

Doober

Hello!

Car: 1991 Buick Regal Limited 3,1

My alternator doesn't charge battery. Alternator is new, battery is new too. Connection alternator to battery is OK. I suppose that there is a problem with alternator's 4-wire connector. Something is missed on it.

Could somebody help me with alternator wiring diagram?

PS. On the autozone's repair guidelines, alternator has additional bracket on the back. Could it be ground connection? Or it's just auxiliary mount?

The ground is through the battery, to the mount, and through the engine.

Power is ran down to the starter, and then back up to the battery.

The 4 pin plug is kind of the regulator, and the on-off switch. The ECM sends the signal for the clutch to engage or disengage.

As far as the colors are concerned in that plug, no clue at all.

I mean if the rear auxillary support rod serves as a ground connection of the alternator? I have this support lost, Could it be possible cause of alternator malfunctioning?

If somebody knows were i can get alternator's wiring diagram?

BTW, this was for a Series 2 3800. The plug should be the same, and the on/off switches should be the same. But, hopefully someone, who has access to factory service manuals, can get a scan of it.

all my book is telling me

4-way F metri-pack 150 series

BLK

Thats it. Its not giving me a diagram like that. HOWEVER A-B-C-D is wired the same in the connector. I duno how much that means though :lol:

Not sure if this is correct or not, but worth a shot. Be sure to verify with a multimeter.

Sorry for my bad english, but as i able to understand,

B- charge control lamp

C- to voltmeter gauge

right?

Not sure if this is correct or not, but worth a shot. Be sure to verify with a multimeter.

I checked wiring on the car. Pins "B" and "c" are connected by brown wires. One pin supplies 12V(battery voltage, checked with ignition ON), another one supplies 4V.

If someone have already faced with similar problem, please, i would be very grateful for advices.