97-03 gp exhaust tips?

ihateallmustangs

How much money are you dumping into this GP? :lol: Get the main things fixed first. I think from you pics, you were missing a tip. Does the car need to pass a safety?

Car gets safteyd this week. Not dumpin too much money into her. Just doing some basic things. Already got my a -pillar pod and have one more gauge to pick up this week. I do need a passengerside tail pipe.

exactly what they said. if you run custom exhaust and have it right behind the bumper opening and want the stock look' date=' get the 97-03 tips. that's exactly what i did with my 96.

[/quote']

I'm confused, what do you mean?

exactly what they said. if you run custom exhaust and have it right behind the bumper opening and want the stock look' date=' get the 97-03 tips. that's exactly what i did with my 96.

[/quote']

I'm confused, what do you mean?

not sure what you don't get, so i'll say it all in a different way.

the 94-96 and 97-03 tips both appear to be the same looking at the car from the back (not looking under at all). however, the 94-96 tips curve down since the muffler outlet is higher than the exhaust cutout, whereas the 97-03 tips are straight since the muffler outlet is even w/ the bumper cutout. when i redid the exhaust on my 96 GP, my muffler outlets were directly behind the bumper cutouts and i wanted the exhaust to look as stock as possible, so i used 97-03 tips.