how much is it worth

sniperi311

ive got a 93 cutlass supreme 150,000 miles bodies in good shape new suspension all around, but the car is getting ready to either throw a rod or a piston, has a nasty knock ive replaced a bunch of stuff in the engine but im just gonna sell it im thinkin like 700 dollars interior is in good condition rest of the car is in good condition just thinkin of puttin it on craigs list wondering how much is too much.....sorry if im postin in the wrong category thanx

I would aske 700 but be willing to settle for 500, I bought a 96 gpse b4u with a knocking 3100 for $200 and the body was in good shape and the interior was in great shap. I stripped some parts I needed and sold it to a junyard for $75 but the guy was a buddy of of mine and towed it to my house for free. I bought a 92 rpe for $400 that was smashed up in the front passenger side, motor and trans ran perfect in it and it has the 3.4 and brand new tires, and the top half of the 3.4 was rebuilt less the 10k before it was wrecked. I still got that car even though I've stripped a good bit off of it now. I'm just saying don't be surpissed if you can only get 300-400 for it since its knocking. You could get some lucas Oil stabilizer, fill the whole crackcase with it, see if it stops the knocking, sell it for 1k and make them sign a paper notorized that it was sold as is. I know 2 used car sales men do that all the time around here. I would never buy a car from them. If you are like me your are too honest to do that though and it would eat away at my soul if i did that.

I You could get some lucas Oil stabilizer, fill the whole crackcase with it, see if it stops the knocking, sell it for 1k and make them sign a paper notorized that it was sold as is. I know 2 used car sales men do that all the time around here. I would never buy a car from them.

people who do that stuff make me sick

Wow you guys are much more generous than I am. A 15 year old car with 150k on it that is knocking is worth, at most, a few hundred bucks to me. Most people around here let those go for even less than that.. it's never worth their time to part 'em out for the little profit they'd make.