hazmatic

today i was drivin home n i had to slam on my breaks n next thin i knew i herd a car screachin behind me latta on down the same road the person pulls next to me n tells me my brake lights aint workin when i get home i have my olda bro go n step on the brakes for me n nothin worked my tails light up when my heads r on n my blinkers

I had the same problem in my cutlass. All I did was get new bulbs and clean out the connections on the taillights and put the new bulbs in. I then replaced the fuse and haven't had any problems.

But Brian P....what would pulling on the high-beams due to bring the tail lights on?

I had the same problem in my cutlass. All I did was get new bulbs and clean out the connections on the taillights and put the new bulbs in. I then replaced the fuse and haven't had any problems.

But Brian P....what would pulling on the high-beams due to bring the tail lights on?

The turn signal switch fucks up over time and the act of moving the stalk towards the driver kind of presses the signal switch closer together thus the contacts connect. THats how I got the 89 home

yeah thats how i would have to get my turn signals to work before i replaced the switch, i would have to pull back on the lever all the time for my left to work and keep holding it to stay on, and my right would workhalf the time without pulling back, the other half of the time i would just have to pull back for a second and it would go on and stay on

my 95 cutlass has the same problem with the brake lights. I have to pull the turn signal switch back. Is there any way to tighten them? If not I guess I will have to replace the whole thing.

The turn signal switch fucks up over time and the act of moving the stalk towards the driver kind of presses the signal switch closer together thus the contacts connect.

Why's my left one working when I PUSH it forward? Away from the driver.

The turn signal switch fucks up over time and the act of moving the stalk towards the driver kind of presses the signal switch closer together thus the contacts connect.

Why's my left one working when I PUSH it forward? Away from the driver.

That's unusual but any fore or aft movement of the stalk resulting in different operation of assigned bulbs means that switch is in need of repair or replacement

my 95 cutlass has the same problem with the brake lights. I have to pull the turn signal switch back. Is there any way to tighten them? If not I guess I will have to replace the whole thing.

Yeah, you can pull the wheel off, unscrew the switch to where you can pull it out, use a screwdriver to separate the halves, and then you can clean the contacts and bend them out a bit more.

I haven't found a grease that works well on the contacts to give it that new feel... I used dielectric grease and my signal switch actually has a draggy feel to it, but that's the best grease I could come up with.

It works though, and was a free fix.