HELP !!91 olds cutlass supr int'l Turn signal switch

Liv2ride

Hey I have this dilemma going on.. My cutlass is equiped with the steering wheel controls, and I need to buy a new Turn signal switch for it.. there are two options that say that will fit my car model etc.

One model for the steering wheel with the controls

One model for the steering wheel W/O controls (radio,heat,etc)

Now, there is a big Price diff between the two, I'm wondering if the one without the controls can be used, since I really don't use the controls anymore since my stereo doesn't use it, and its more convenient for me to just reach over for the heat.. anyways, my question is will the cheaper one thats made for the controless model work with mine which has the remote controls on the wheel..

Thanks in Advance, I'm going to buy the part tonight. I need input, I'd love to save some money, I dont care bout the steering wheel controls.

Any help/info needed.. I searched the forum for a while but couldn't find exactly what i'm looking for..

yes, you can. a non-swrc replacement switch would work fine with regard to being a turn signal switch, you would only loose SWRC functions.

you "might" be able to take the swrc components from the bad switch and stick them on the new one, but no guarentees.

Or you could dismantle, clean and relubricate the old switch, sometimes doing that fixes them.

Thanks.. I went out and bought the SWRC one yesturday, I had no choice, but anyways, it was only like 40 $ more.. no biggie.. I have no time to clean it and thats to think that it might still have life left, but the turn signal died about 10 years ago, and we've been using the "flick signal on, pull towards you " way of using it lol.. but now its affecting my brake lights and so on and my brights got stuck on high beams, and now it just finally broke completely, where I have no lights.. haha

so I bought the turn signal switch and the headlamp dimmer switch, hopefully after this, my problems will be gone, because thats all it was, but procrastination took the best of me lol.. I should of just checked here earlier, and maybe I could of also saved money by re-ajusting the dimmer switch since its a common problem on w-bodys..

Anyways, thanks for the reply mang, appreciate it.. if it goes again, i'll take it apart and clean it !

before you install the new switch look at the contact area. make sure it is well lubbed. if it is not, I would add more silicone grease to the contact area. this should increase the service life.

any what type of car? 2/4 door or a vert? options, colors and trim level. is it an international? :D