My Lucky Day: Found a STB!

Scottster

I tagged along with a friend at the J/Y today to help him look for a steering box that he will use in his '53 Chevy Gasser project...So I guess it was meant to be that I found this blue Cutlass Vert with a STB still in place. The car was a 3.4, so the bar is the "square" type.

I never really even considered getting one, but my eyes lit up when I spotted it, based on all the fuss about them here on the forum I knew it was one hell of a find. It cost $10, and the girl didn't even know what it was. I tried to tell her it was a "hood prop" and proposed $5, but she didn't even know what that was! lol This guy had to come over and tell her what is was, and decided on $10.

My car is going in for brakes soon, so I figure I just have my guys bolt it in then.

I searched the effects of them, and it looks like it really won't make a huge difference...only noticeable under quick cornering huh? What about pulling into a driveway for example? The structure of the car must be noticably stiffer, no?

I can't wait to try it out!

(Oh BTW we found my friend a steering box out of a 64 Nova, so we both came out with some treasure!)

Where's the vert VIN?

Sorry I didn't realize there was a registry for these cars...I can relay that back to you tomorrow though. I made a post for you Cutty guys in your forum, and I could bring a camera if you want.

I returned to the J/Y today to gather some info for you Cutty Junkies...I made a post with the info in the Cutlass forum junkyard thread with all the info I could find on the car.

I searched the effects of them, and it looks like it really won't make a huge difference...only noticeable under quick cornering huh? What about pulling into a driveway for example? The structure of the car must be noticably stiffer, no?

they defintely give the car a better feel when cornering.

Sweet! Thanks...I can't wait to put it in!

...All this strut bar talk has got me thinking about one of those Aweb rear strut bars...get that GP stiff as a board!!!! lol

Agreed! This is one of the first things I acquire when I buy a new W. I then follow it up with a rear STB now that I've felt the difference AWeb's rear STB makes. It makes the car handle so nicely for a W.

quick question? why do you guys want the VIN numbers?? :confused:

They are cataloguing the Cutlass Convertibles as a hobby.

More like an obsession on both our parts....:lol:

...All this strut bar talk has got me thinking about one of those Aweb rear strut bars...get that GP stiff as a board!!!! lol

Make your decision quick.....I've only got a few left, then I'm all out

Nice pickup on the STB

Nice pickup on the STB

Tom got one of awebs rstbs and he loves to scare the crap outta me when corning insanely.. I would definately buy a rstb from aweb..

Nice pickup on the STB

Tom got one of awebs rstbs and he loves to scare the crap outta me when corning insanely.. I would definately buy a rstb from aweb..

It's Not Scaring You, It's Called Foreplay LOL!

Nice pickup on the STB

It's Not Scaring You, It's Called Foreplay LOL!

LOLOL. :lol: i need to get a rear STB for the monte....