Newbie looking for a 91-91 Z34 license surround and exhaust advice.

pose_Z34

Hey guys.

Just picked up a 1992 Z34 w/5 speed and I'm freshening it up. Just checking to see where I can locate a license plate surround for my new ride. By the way I love how it drives and the 5-speed is a ton of fun with the 3.4 TDOC.

I found this car on craigslist as a daily driver while I keep my 87 442 for nice weather. Turns out the Z34 was in better shape and only cost $1500!!! I have stolen this car!!!!! Needless to say the Olds is for sale.

Also, If anyone has any exhaust advice for a TDOC 3.4, I could use it. The exhaust is shot, and I'd love to put a home-grown cat-back set-up on it. I just need to know what that cat outlet diameter is on these so I can get my parts together.

I'll have a ton of questions in the future, I'm sure. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in adavnce!

Hey guys.

Just picked up a 1992 Z34 w/5 speed and I'm freshening it up. Just checking to see where I can locate a license plate surround for my new ride. By the way I love how it drives and the 5-speed is a ton of fun with the 3.4 TDOC.

I found this car on craigslist as a daily driver while I keep my 87 442 for nice weather. Turns out the Z34 was in better shape and only cost $1500!!! I have stolen this car!!!!! Needless to say the Olds is for sale.

Also, If anyone has any exhaust advice for a TDOC 3.4, I could use it. The exhaust is shot, and I'd love to put a home-grown cat-back set-up on it. I just need to know what that cat outlet diameter is on these so I can get my parts together.

I'll have a ton of questions in the future, I'm sure. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in adavnce!

First of all, to set you straight so I dont have to read it anymore its DOHC

Dual Over Head Cam

He didn't really misspell it. It says on the plenum valley cover "TWIN DUAL CAM." So TDOC isn't wrong.

Welcome aboard! I believe the outlet of the cat is "2.25in. It might be 2.5 on Z34's compared to other Luminas like I had, but I'm not sure. I think it's 2.25

I'm looking for the back plate surround. Sorry, :redface: took for granted Indiana doesn't require front plates.

You're in Indiana? where? Ken (CrazyK and I are both in central Indiana)

No way, Im in anderson!!! well, technically currently Chesterfield, but I go to AU

we should meet up later this week. Ken was gonna come help with my TGP anyways thursday and/or friday

Well welcome to the forum. did you find the rear plate holder yet? if not pm me i think i have an extra one with no cracks, i will go digging around in the parts room if you still need it.

And props on getting a Z34. i love mine.