brocno2454

I am going to be buying a real nice looking and good running 94 grand prix. I have owned a few wbodys including a grand prix lumina and cutlass supreme. I have a few questions about the grand prix though. It has a sunroof that does not function at all are there any common causes for this. Also the cruise does not function either any suggestions? My next question is how come is keyless entry on these cars. This car has the door key missing so i figure maybe the remote get left with it if it does have it? I know there is a lot of questions in there but I would appreciate the help.

I think I understand your keyless question...

You want to know how to tell if the car has it?

If so, go to the trunk, dangling next to the power antenna there will be a braided wire with a connector on the end. Ground out that connector and hold it, if the car has keyless (and the module is in working condition) the locks and trunk release will cycle.

Jamie

I do not have the car yet. I am just wondering how common the keyless entry option was on the 94 2drs. The car lot I am buying it from only has the ignition key so I thought maybe it could have keyless and the remote just got lost with the rest of the keys is what I was trying to say. Also is it possible that the cruise and sunroof share a fuse? It just seems odd they both dont work. Thanks for the help so far and sorry my question was not clear.

Its fairly common, I don't think I have seen a 94-96 without keyless, but I could be terribly mistaken.

Another way to tell, open the trunk and on the spare tire cover you will find the RPO sticker, look for AU0. It should be on the first row of codes.

Jamie

well i have not seen many 94s with keyless but if it is fully loaded it probably has it. good luck on finding a remote though :mrgreen: as for the cruise check that the HVAC is working properly moving vent doors. Alot of times the vacumn line goes bad near the brake booster. The cruise and moonroof should have nothing to do with each other. Be sure to post pics whem you get it :mrgreen:

You can bet I will post pictures I am very excited about this car. My first car was a 89 Grand Prix. I went and test drove it again tonight. I will not be able to pick her up till the 29th but it is already mine have money down on it. Any common problems with the 3100 I should know about are they as tough as the 3.1mpfi is?

with the 3100 u have to worry about intake gaskets, they are a common problem and if they have nto been done then they more then likely will need to be done, GM sells the new updated kit with the gaskets andnew bolts along with a meathod for torquing it down

Just out of curiousity, anyone know what that gasket kit is worth? I'm thinking of doing this soon.

about $80-90 for the Fel-Pro permagasket set, and its the only gasket you should EVER think of putting on any 3n00 engine.

get one from rockauto for $60 plus shipping.

otherwise. replace the distributor drive O-ring in the process.

Any ideas on what i should expect to pay the dealer to change out the lim gaskets and the o-ring. I know the dealer is expensive but they in my town they are the only repair place I really trust.

• 3 weeks later...