HUD not working help

Addicted to eaton

ok i got my HUD today and i wired it all in besides the..

A4 DK GRN coolant temp indicator

A5 DK GRN entertainment and comfort serial data communicator (radio info!)

B4 DK GRN/WHT fuel

B7 LT BLU left turn signal

Shuldnt it still work with out thiss stuff?? i mean atleast turn on... And were do i hook my entertainment and comfort serial data communicator up at ?

Thanks, Anthony

hmm. the HUD does work, I tested it again before shipping.

got a voltmeter? you need to make certain that the hot(s) and ground(s) work minimum. that would be all that is needed to bring it to life. and make sure the hud intensity adjust switch is turned up, and hooked up.

these are the correct pinouts....

94-03 HUD switch

GM P/N #10249411

[pinouts courtesy of StockGP]

(row A)

Pin# Wire color Purpose(connection/source)

A PNK fused ignition feed (shares cluster feed)

B GRY interior lamp dim signal (splices into headlight switch output)

C WHT display dimmer switch signal, (goes directly to HUD unit B8 94-96, ? 97-03)

D --- not used

(row B)

E YEL motor up, (direct to HUD unit B1 94-96, ? 97-03)

F BRN HUD switch output, (direct to HUD unit A1 94-96, ? 97-03)

G BLK ground(shares cluster ground)

H BRN motor down, (direct to HUD unit B2 94-96, ? 97-03)

97-03 GP HUD UNIT (has radio info in the display)

(row 1)

Pin# Wire color Purpose(connection/source)

A1 BRN HUD switch output

A2 BRN charge indicator

A3 TAN oil pressure indicator

A4 DK GRN coolant temp indicator

A5 DK GRN entertainment and comfort serial data communicator (radio info!)

A6 WHT display dimmer signal switch, HUD switch C

A7 DK GRN vss

A8 BLK ground

(row 2)

B1 YEL motor up, HUD switch E

B2 BRN motor down, HUD switch H

B3 LT BLU english/metric, grounded=metric

B4 DK GRN/WHT fuel

B5 LT GRN high beam

B6 --- not used

B7 LT BLU left turn signal

B8 DK BLU right turn signal

Yeah i used em lol Its all wire up now and working. Just need to work with it a bit my right turn signal light is always on lol and my when i turn my left one on it goes from kmph to mph haha! anyways thanks CK! i love it and im so fucking happy.. Oh btw wit wasnt gettin power so i ran one from the fuse box..

I should also point out, rather than running aline directly from the fuesboz, you should be able to tap into the pink hot wires for the cluster for power.

In my project, I removed the full dash to add the harness in my 95 CS, and all wiring feed from the cluster feeds.

All the wireing But my Ground and positive are ran to cluster. I added the Dic and HUD to my car So there are so many wires. i try to elmitate the ones i dont need behind the cluster. And reason my right turn signal is on all the time stedy becase some how i wired it to my 2ed gear start lol. Next im going to wire up my turn signals and Radio then im callin it quits. My car alrady looks like a Xmas tree when low fuel comes on with the DIc flashing it in Bright green and gages light is on in red lol. But Kenny thank you a million. I love this so much. I have always wanted this since i first saw one in a 99 gtp i test drove when i was looking into getting my first car.

I'm glad you got it working! I've never seen an actual HUD in action so maybe sometime I can come down with the LTZ and see it!

I was up there about 2 weeks ago inded up there when i got board. and had t much gas lol. God know how..

i love my cutlass hud but the thing i do not understand is my 96 cadillac or any cadillac around that year doesnt even have an option for hud. I was curious if i could make my 97-03 hud unit work in it but i cant find anything. I dont know what i am going to do when sell my cutlass lol