Here is an easy way to tell your car has been abused...

logikf1ve

Eh, still going. Haven't done much to that since it's been cold out now. It runs and drives now, had the engine broken in, it sounds healthy! Have to do some final clean up, then finish up the bodywork and paint it. I hope to have it painted by the beginning of summer. Gotta buy paint yet, which is going to be nuts. PPG Basecoat/clearcoat torch red. Cha-ching!

The '76 T/A is one of the main reasons I don't have time to do this transmission swap myself. Not that I can't do it, just don't have time. I've got the '76 T/A I need to finish (lots of sanding/painting) and I have my '77 Trans Am that needs a new quarter panel welded on, then I have to paint that. After I do that, I'm going to work on fixing my '97 LTZ that broke the camshaft (engine swap, might 3800 it, might not--depends on how ambitious I am) Plus I have another '78 Trans Am that needs a full restoration. :willynilly: :willynilly:

Hairdo, I just realized you posted about M&M on William. A buddy of mine has been pestering me to head out there, he said he saw a LTZ in there a few days ago. However, he couldn't tell me much about it. Either way, I plan on heading out there on Saturday while the car is getting the transmission rebuilt. They have a good selection of parts? I'm looking for a few interior items for my red LTZ (mostly trim stuff) and my green LTZ (mostly a better drivers seat in leather, and a lower rear leather seat) About the only info he could give me was it had tan interior. :(

Hairdo, I just realized you posted about M&M on William. A buddy of mine has been pestering me to head out there, he said he saw a LTZ in there a few days ago. However, he couldn't tell me much about it. Either way, I plan on heading out there on Saturday while the car is getting the transmission rebuilt. They have a good selection of parts? I'm looking for a few interior items for my red LTZ (mostly trim stuff) and my green LTZ (mostly a better drivers seat in leather, and a lower rear leather seat) About the only info he could give me was it had tan interior. :(

They basically turn over their entire lot once a month. I was talking to the guy there and he mentioned they come back from auction on Thursdays. There was a 92 black Z there the other month that made my day as those are a rare find in Buffalo. I've just recently started to see 97+ GP and an LTZ or two there as well. They are the cheapest yard in town, I bought my hood from there for $29, and a purchace that really made me smile was the perfectly intact no cracks Z34 rear licence plate holder for $3 last year.

Personally, i would try and throw a used diff/Diff cover on it, and flush out the tranny and see what its like. My cutlass was like that, and the trans fluid was black as coffee and full of little metal filings. I threw in a new diff, flushed it and have put over 27 000 km on it with no issues whatsoever. Well, other than a cooler line that popped off, but that was unrelated.

last time i was m&m, i saw a 96 monte with under 100 miles on it. it was one of those cars that GM donated to a vocational school. everything waas still under the hood except the valve covers.

also, the last time i was there, they didn't have many 95-99 lumi's but they did have pleanty of monte's. their lot is constantly changing.

Argh. I hate when they do that :(

When I was in autobody back when I was in school they had a newer Monte, like an 01 or 02. It was also a donation :( What a waste of a car. :P

joe - just jb weld that shit back together. It'll be fine :lol:

no really though, on my girlfriend's '94 Civic, the front corner of her auto tranny case looks like it was welded back on at some point. dead serious. it looks hack as hell.

the front corner of her auto tranny case looks like it was welded back on at some point. dead serious. it looks hack as hell.

I want to see pics of this.

x2!

joe - just jb weld that shit back together. It'll be fine :lol:

no really though, on my girlfriend's '94 Civic, the front corner of her auto tranny case looks like it was welded back on at some point. dead serious. it looks hack as hell.

Haha, noway. I already had the transmission rebuilt, anyway. I brought it in on Friday at 5:00pm, got it back on Saturday at 6:00pm. :D Not bad for a one day turn around! The $1,200 kind of hurt, but hey, I plan on keeping it for a long while, and even so, $1600 or so total into the whole car isn't that bad!

Glad you got it fixed... The pics made me cringe abit

welcome. when did you join the forums? :lol:

LOL A while back.. Hubby Talked me into it.

oh wow, i just looked up the date. :lol: