Radiators

charged 3.1

Has anyone had any trouble with the replacment radiators from autozone? I'm on my 3rd one in under 5 months. I think the pressure is to high or something. I went ahead and put a new one in today and a new upper hose, cap, and took out the t-sat. Its running cooler and better and hasn't blown anymore radiators yet so idk. I was running a 160 t-sat so it shouldn't have had any problems and it wasn't that old. Guess i will just run it like this till i put the 3400 in.

In the summer it ran like 210 all the time and i didn't like that so i put a 160 in and i really did notice a diff. in the way it ran and my oil preesure was better cause the oil wasn't so hot.

its because the quality of auto zone radiators really blows

agreed you know the saying you get what you pay for.

I've installed quite a few cheap parts store radiators, and have had ZERO issues with any of them. Some of them have been in the cars a few years now. The parts store ones look exactly like the originals the majority of the time. The only issue I've ever had with later model GM radiators is that the plastic end tanks on them eventually crack. I have several spares around here with bad end tanks just in case I need a radiator...

Is this radiator in a TGP? If so, you must not be running the stock intercooler?

its because the quality of auto zone radiators really blows

agreed you know the saying you get what you pay for.

I've installed quite a few cheap parts store radiators, and have had ZERO issues with any of them. Some of them have been in the cars a few years now. The parts store ones look exactly like the originals the majority of the time. The only issue I've ever had with later model GM radiators is that the plastic end tanks on them eventually crack. I have several spares around here with bad end tanks just in case I need a radiator...

Is this radiator in a TGP? If so, you must not be running the stock intercooler?

Yeah it's in a TGP. I'm running a front mount. I found out about the whole replacment radiator being wider and not being able to use the stock side mount.

As of yesterday I have been through 5. I was parking my car at school and it blew. I just replaced that bitch 3 weeks ago. I checked to make sure it didn't have a blown head gasket and was building up pressure in the coolant system and everything checked out fine. All have been from the plastic tanks on the side by the intake. I also made a stock ram air intake yesterday. I cut the pop rivits to the plastic intake piece that sits next to the radiator and now have a ram air affect and sound. It sounds mean. Well we'll see how long this one lasts.