GM Factory HU help

Stevo

The am/fm cd 7 band.eq factory unit in my 2002GTP, is it a Bose System? Does the factory HU have an AUX cd changer input for a factory cd changer?

The reason why I'm asking is I am looking for an input plug like this one but I have no idea if this works or not because of conflicting and/or ambiguous info on the 2002-2003 model year stereo.

gm9-aux-m.jpg

I have Onstar (not activated - never will be) if that holds any meaning. I want to avoid the use of an FM Broadcast Units because of past PITA experiences.

It's tough to say. I know that at one time guys were using the cassette decks mounted else where and wired into that somehow...Terry had one...

Yeah I'd tear it apart to double check. Or get a aftermarket deck.

A factory deck is gonna run me $150-200 and with deck comes $peaker$ and when you put speakers in your going to need amp$ and $$$ wiring and required hardware. The factory system is good enough for me without adding XXXlbs of gear to my car.

I want to keep my steering wheel controls too.

There are modules for GM decks that allow for RCA jack imputs. It's just that many of the sites are not so forthcoming with usable information and I have no idea what the car has for gear other than "Premium Sound" or whatever the RPO codes state.

Attach the module. Plug in the cord. The cord to the mp3 player and I am done.

I don't like the FM modulator way. The subdued volume and signal noise.

Also it's hard to pull something apart when it's pitch black out at 5pm when I am off work.

I have found a couple of instances where gtp's come with factory cd changers but seem to have the exact same head unit from pictures. Is there a button on the stereo that accesses the cd changer? There is no mention of a cd changer in my car manual which means that the changer was not an option... possibly phased out? I'm at a loss. I really don't want to take apart the dash at night. =\

I have an 1997-2003 Cd player with the 5 band Equlizer. And and it has a plugin on the back off it for the casset deck or cd changer. Idk if this helps But thought id tell u