replacing hood release lever

Psych0matt

What do you have to do? I think I'm gonna fix the TGP's, since the lever is broken, but I don't know how to get to it. Do I have to pull the seat, or the carpet back, or just the trim piece by the door?

Just remove the trim piece and pull the carpet back. I suggest attaching the new to the old and as you pull it through it will feed it self. I removed the air box to give me more room under the hood. Should take an hour tops.

thats what I thought, the carpet was just really tight right there. Next time I have free I'll probably pull the seat, or at least loosen that front seat bolt

Matt - I don't know where it is in the TGP, but I'd assume it's probably like your cutlass. You will probably need to remove the door trim piece and pull up at least a small portion of the carpeting to access the release mechanism. The mechanism is plastic, so be careful with it. It's been too long for me to remember how it was anchored to the floor...I want to say it was two small metric bolts. If the cable isn't taunt enough when you replace the release handle/mechanism, you can easily break the release (been there done that). Be careful with the metal tab at the end of the release (connects to slot inside the release mechanism)!!! If you break it off you will need to replace the entire cable!