Refurbishing a steering wheel?

spiderw31

Hey all, I'm currently looking at possibly picking up a '93 GP SE, and the steering wheel looks like this:

2224_07.jpg

Anybody know a good way to get it looking good again, or is the leather just shot? Thanks in advance!

You could dye it..but that'll rub off on your hands probably. There are plently of those cars in the junk yard..might bee asier to just find a good wheel and swap

I know there are business's, locally, that can come to your place and re-dye the wheel. Usually it's guarantee'd to last 5-10 years. I know for a shift knob I had, they quoted me $75, so it's definately not cheap, but will work.

IMO, get a junkyard wheel.

if you want to spend around $60, then get a leather wheelskin cover, you can get two tones(colors) looks original, from factory, and it makes the sterring wheel wider(easier to grab/hold), I have a red/black one but is like 5 yrs old so it looks like crap right now, but I'm about to order another one, but I will recomend it....

Found a picture...kinda crapy but you get the idea :wink:

321920_18_full.jpg