Sound deadening

Bake82

Hey guys,

Wondering how much SQ footage of sound deadening I will need to cover the floor, both front doors, and complete trunk.

I'm not sure if I'll need to double up the applications, however I'm thinking I will want to double layer the trunk and doors, however not the floor of the car, however I'm not sure if I need to do that or not!

Also does anybody have any suggestions on the cheapest/best sound deadening material to use?

Thanks in advance!

Kyle, Ive got over 120 sq.ft. of Dynamat Xtreme in my car. I will tell you it was not cheap either. Check out my cardomain to see what it covered. I went over some parts twice because some of it is very thin metal. Like the rear deck and trunk lid.

The dynamat is expensive but other than the price got a good review. You cant really compare prices because I got a huge discount on where I bought my stuff so it was cheap. but it depends on where you buy as to how expensive.

Kyle, this just isn't for you, but for everyone that question's sound deadening. Please, oh please, don't go with asphalt-based product. : http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

WOW good read. Thanks for that!

Jay, thanks for the pics of your car!! looks like you did exactly what I want to do with mine as far as covering the car in sound deadening.

How many sq feet is the package from onlinecar stereo???

It's nine 18'' x 32'' pieces

Or 36sq.ft. if I did my math correctly. :lol:

yah I saw that after I posted. That is not very much material!! Looks like it's going to be more expensive than I thought it was going to be!!!!

It's nine 18'' x 32'' pieces

Or 36sq.ft. if I did my math correctly. :lol:

yah I saw that after I posted. That is not very much material!! Looks like it's going to be more expensive than I thought it was going to be!!!!

That really is enough to do ALOT. I just really went overboard on mine :lol: You really only need to cover about 60% of a panel ( if that ) to keep it from vibrating. I just used that much because some of the metal is very thin and needed alot of it. Like I mentioned the trunk lid and rear deck are thin metals. And besides my audio system is ALOT. I doubt youll put anything in like I have, so you wont have to worry about panels vibrating like I was. Although I will say after putting in that Dynamat, my SPL score went up by almost 4dB!

Looking online you can get the Dynamat extreme bulk pak for 95+ shipping. That seems really cheap!

When I decide to do this, I will be either using Dynamet Extreme or RAAMat BXT60. You can get 62sq ft for 120, so I'm thinking I'm going to go with that!