Towing hitch

xtremerevolution

How do you get one onto a w-body, and how much can a w-body tow?

I know some people with the 3.1 or 3.4 might not be able to tow as much, but the 3.8 does come stock with 225 pounds of torque, and I also have a transmission cooler. How much could the regal tow? I'm just curious as to whether or not its even worth it to think about it, as I might have some towing to do this year...

I'll sell you my hitch! I've been meaning to take it off the car since I got it 4 years ago :lol: Had a guy that wanted to buy it at one point, but it never happened. Only thing I towed was a tiny flatbed trailer with a junk tranny on it to the JY (and no, the tranny wasn't busted from towing things in the first place :lol: )

I'll sell you my hitch! I've been meaning to take it off the car since I got it 4 years ago :lol: Had a guy that wanted to buy it at one point, but it never happened. Only thing I towed was a tiny flatbed trailer with a junk tranny on it to the JY (and no, the tranny wasn't busted from towing things in the first place :lol: )

haha, sweet. Is it easy to mount?

And I'd still like to know how much I can safely tow with the regal, so long as it doesn't put too much weight on my back end. The rear lowered leaf isn't really made for that if you know what I mean

I have no idea how easy or hard it is to access, since I've never taken it off, but one of these days when Ken comes up we'll take it off. dunno about your regal towing though, but I think it'd be ok for smaller things

rent a u-haul.

$45 a day for dolly. at least it is here

rent a u-haul.

What do you all mean i think he is talking about installing a hitch on his w to tow things himself, including uhaul trailors,

and xtremerevolution i dont think these cars can tow that much, try like max of 1500 lbs, and at most a 100 lb tounge weight, otherwise ull kill ur rear leaf and the tranny with all that weight the 4t60e cant really handle that much on it

What do you all mean i think he is talking about installing a hitch on his w to tow things himself, including uhaul trailors,

and xtremerevolution i dont think these cars can tow that much, try like max of 1500 lbs, and at most a 100 lb tounge weight, otherwise ull kill ur rear leaf and the tranny with all that weight the 4t60e cant really handle that much on it

so i guess towing my delta 88 with my lumi is out of the question.

rent a u-haul.

$45 a day for dolly. at least it is here

rent a u-haul.

Towing is what trucks where made for.

i think so, concidering that anything 80's made by gm weighs somewhere in the 50k lbs range dead weight lol

the one guy with the lumi (name escapes me atm) towed all the time this summer with his :dunno: i don't see a problem with the proper percautions and taking it easy

....that guys wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he had the LQ1 which has specific instructions not to use it for towing at all

And said Lumina has blown the timing belt and been discarded and said user is not on the forum anymore

lol but then again it was a $300 car or something like that, and those, well, you just let em go

And said Lumina has blown the timing belt and been discarded and said user is not on the forum anymore

lol but then again it was a $300 car or something like that, and those, well, you just let em go

he bought it for $300, but put another $1000-1300 into her to get it to pass safety IIRC

you cannot pull a car with another car. even if the car will accelerate without exploding it definitely wont stop. i had enuf trouble towing my jetta with my dads cherokee. i had the brakes smoking 3 times trying to stop for red lights at a normal speed.

u-haul wouldnt let me rent the dolly either cuz they ask what truck u are using the dolly for and if it there isnt enuf weight difference between the 2 vehicles they wont give it to you.

you cannot pull a car with another car. even if the car will accelerate without exploding it definitely wont stop. i had enuf trouble towing my jetta with my dads cherokee. i had the brakes smoking 3 times trying to stop for red lights at a normal speed.

u-haul wouldnt let me rent the dolly either cuz they ask what truck u are using the dolly for and if it there isnt enuf weight difference between the 2 vehicles they wont give it to you.

i was talking about doing it with a dolly or trailer. it was a joke. i wouldn't be stupid enough to ruin my lumi by attempting to tow anything especially another vehicle. that would be like asking a 5yr old on a bike to pull a 20 yr old on rollerblades.