RETROFIT STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS?

xxREGALIZExx

My car did not come standard with the seering wheel controls and id like to get a steering wheel that has it. but is this even possible to make work? or is it just a whole hell of alot of unessesary work to do to install it?

i would love that on my cutlass. when i drive my caddy and then i drive the cutlass i keep trying to use them but they arent there. The only problem i see is that i dont have ECC and my radio is from a 92 but my cutlass is a 94 with an airbag. I have always wanted to know this answer too

George, you could use SWC from a Silhouette as they just control the stereo...I think it could be done rather easily especially since you're using a CD player.

Let me look through my 1994 Silhouette FSMs and my 1992 & 1994 CS FSMs and see if I can come up with something...

Of course, don't get discouraged if I take awhile to get to it...Though I might do it now since I have them all in front of me.

sounds like a good idea! You would have to get a airbag clock spring, the little pigtail that goes from the clock spring to the steering column bulk harness(which is wired into the turn signal harness) and connect from there to the radio.

I've thought long and hard about simple making a circuit boad that hides within the steering wheel and has push buttons on the sides or reverse of the wheel, which would avoid the need to upgrade your airbad.

sounds like a good idea! You would have to get a airbag clock spring, the little pigtail that goes from the clock spring to the steering column bulk harness(which is wired into the turn signal harness) and connect from there to the radio.

I've thought long and hard about simple making a circuit boad that hides within the steering wheel and has push buttons on the sides or reverse of the wheel, which would avoid the need to upgrade your airbad.

well thats my whole problem. I wouldnt know where to get the correct steering wheel, and none of my local yards sell airbags. I really like the olds aurora setup and the setup on my 96 caddy

Here is the link to the one for cars WITH airbags:

http://www.wbodysource.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=5&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

And here is the link to the one for cars WITHOUT airbags:

http://www.wbodysource.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

If you have questions, the author is 3100MPFI on GMWBODY or Vindaloo on several forums.

To add to the non-airbag write-up, you might be able to use a 1990-93 Silhouette horn pad which does not have HVAC controls.