Ordered some custom fit floormats... Rubbertite?

Brian P

I saw this guy http://www.buycarfloormats.com as a sponsor on LS1tech and thought I'd give him a shot. I ordered a set of rubbertite mats for the Cutlass in medium gray. I came this close to getting a set for the Camaro, but that may not look too kosher in a car like that. When I get them in, I'll show everyone. Their embroidered mats are Lloyd's and are known to be good. Anyone else use the Rubbertite mats??

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah I wish the edges had a lip or some sort of seam at the end. But the little recessed circles hold everything, and the mats are cut perfectly, so tight in the floorpan that they'll never move. They're made by Lloyd's Mats and I got them for ~$45 shipped.

That site also offers clear mats that are meant to go over the OEM mats, but I hate clears and how they turn to shit after a short amount of time. These I can hose down and go.

These mats here aren't as good as urs for containing crap. But they are nice for show. Nice floor mats are going to cost $$. Mine were $150 shipped from http://www.usspeed.com. They have custom floor mats for the 88-96 grand prixs that fit like a glove. Nice lookin if you ask me.

floormat1ws7.jpg

floormat5lz6.jpg

floormat8cy8.jpg

floormat9pj1.jpg

floormat11fx5.jpg

Those mats look nice Von Kaiser.

Ideally I would rather get a completely new carpet to cover up mine. Mines in awesome shape, but light gray seems to get every stain on it. And my passengers are always sure to put there feet in the upper right and upper left corners :lol:

not trying to be negative in any way. those fit nice.

but kraco makes way nice mats. that would match your interior even better than those.

cheaper too. you can buy them at fred meyer. a local walmart type store.

but kraco makes way nice mats. that would match your interior even better than those.

How do they fit? Cause every mat I've seen in stores doesn't even come close to fitting right in W's.

Those mats look nice Von Kaiser.

Ideally I would rather get a completely new carpet to cover up mine. Mines in awesome shape, but light gray seems to get every stain on it. And my passengers are always sure to put there feet in the upper right and upper left corners :lol:

I feel your pain, my old CS had the light gray interior. This blue is just as much of a pain in the ass too.

How do they fit? Cause every mat I've seen in stores doesn't even come close to fitting right in W's.

they are cut to fit. I didnt trim it any though. they drop right in basically and fit good. and the edges are real flexible.Ill take a picture of them.

Not too bad looking. It'd be better if the edges were raised a little.

Exactly what I was thinking, contain the crap!

My thoughts as well! Every rubber floor mat I've ever owned has had a border to keep the junk on the mat from reaching the carpeting. If those had a raised edge, I'd probably get a set of those.