Another set of problems.....

maxintexas

Last two mornings, it been just about freezing, car is frosted over. As soon as I crank it up, trans fluid and coolant start dripping. I see the trans fluid is comming from one of the hoses, where it connects to the (i think) trans cooler, but the coolant is comming from mid engine, and is atcually coming from around the trans fluid pan. My friend told me, the trans fluid might be leaking because it's thick when it gets cold, thus creating a little more pressure than the seals there can handle, but no idieas on the coolant.

I will say, that once i get it on the road, and to work, no more leaks the rest of the day. Any idieas.......

I have heard about the seals needing to be warmed up, and expanded on the trans fluid, I have seen this as well. As far as your coolant goes. I would venture a guess its leaking all the time, but when the engine is warm, and the leak is small enuf, that it evaporates befor you see it. No idea as to where it could be coming from, unless its the TB warmer hose, or the thermostat, or hose at the thermostat housing.

Just drops, nothing like a major leak, and like i said, by the time i make it to starbucks, and leave it running in the parking lot, there is nothing leaking. This only happens when the temp drops low enough where it frost's over. This also happended last week, but normally, i don't see anything, and nothing is left in the driveway....on a regular day.

Not enough going out, as transfluid is still ok, and coolant is at top of the cap on radiator.

But i'm just waiting for the day..........

50 degress this morning upon wake up, crank her up and No LEAKS this morning. I guess I'll have to take the Pathfinder out of the gargare and park cutty.

She's was a florida one owner car, she's just not used to getting that cold, (like in Texas we get that cold anyway).