frozen windows

GPX

Since it's gotten cold (eight weeks ago), my driver's side window has been frozen shut about 85% of the time. And don't you love to discover that as you're pulling up to the drive-thru window! :redface: Talk about humbling. Anyway, anyone got any tricks for keeping my windows unstuck?

silicon grease. The spray shit and then wipe it off. Works well on door seals as well.

^^^

that method has been very successful for me

x2

x3...I use di electric grease on the door weatherstrippings and the spray on the window seals

silicon grease. The spray shit and then wipe it off. Works well on door seals as well.

^^^

that method has been very successful for me

x2

X3 mine always works even on the coldest of days because of the silicone spray

If the windows are already frozen, its usually the seal on the bottom... I just jam my drivers license all along the bottom seal on the door and it opens fine. I've had to pour warm water down that seal when the locks freeze shut.. Bad idea, but when if you're gonna be late for work, there aren't a ton of options.. just pray the window doesn't shatter :eek:

If all your worried about is getting to the drive through and not being able to roll down your window, suck it up! I had to.

I check my windows BEFORE I get in the line for the drive through, and if they are frozen, I get my lazy ass out of the car and walk into the store.

Jamie

If all your worried about is getting to the drive through and not being able to roll down your window, suck it up! I had to.

I check my windows BEFORE I get in the line for the drive through, and if they are frozen, I get my lazy ass out of the car and walk into the store.

Jamie

appreciation aside...walking into the place after placing a drive thru oder=still asshole move & still shit fucked up (ive worked at BM before at age of 16).

reality not aside... fix it. their silicone and grease idea seem great, cheap, and easy. theres not much else u can ask for. :mrgreen:

Jamie

How Zen.

If that ever happens to me I just grab a gallon jug of that 20/20 windshield washer fluid for your reservoir and dump it on. everything melts off and you can actually see too.

I have had alot of trouble trying to get in my drivers side door on my 4 door gp. I had Best Buy put in a remote start and keyless entry. I can always get in the back doors with no problem. It is the two front doors that aren't working correctly. I had go through the passengers side front door, go across the arm rest that had a broken hinge that is no longer broken thanks to w-body.com. :smile: :high5: So I put some silcone spray in the door locks and the part of the door that holds onto the round pin thingy. Hopefully the door will work correctly now. Silcone Spray also works great in the wheel wells. I haven't seen any snow build up in my wheel wells yet.

Silcone Spray also works great in the wheel wells. I haven't seen any snow build up in my wheel wells yet.

Now that's a great tip! I get insane build-up in my wheel wells. I'll get the big can and we'll do the whole car. :lol:

Silcone Spray also works great in the wheel wells. I haven't seen any snow build up in my wheel wells yet.

Now that's a great tip! I get insane build-up in my wheel wells. I'll get the big can and we'll do the whole car. :lol:

LOL its like PAM, non stick coating for your whole automobile. Is anyone thinking what im thinking, thats right, mass production, oh yeah!