Weight differences (cross platform)

god910

How does a 92 Cutlass differ from the Gen 1 and Gen 2 GP's. I'm guessing it's close on the Gen 1 but lighter than a Gen 2? My Cutlass has 2 too many doors if that helps.

Generation I:

1992 Cutlass Supreme (sedan) = 3,375 lbs

1992 Grand Prix SE (sedan) = 3,282 lbs

1992 Grand Prix GT (coupe) = 3,357 lbs

Generation II:

1998 Grand Prix GT (coupe) = 3,396 lbs

1998 Grand Prix GT (sedan) = 3,414 lbs

(specifications found @ AutoTrader.com)

- Erik

You're the man, that's almost exactly what I was thinking except I figured the newer GP's were heavier, they just look heavier. I'm trying to start w/ the lightest platform for my 3800Turbo, so I can beat the current Intense record for the fastest FWD 3800 Powered vehicle.

You're the man, that's almost exactly what I was thinking except I figured the newer GP's were heavier, they just look heavier. I'm trying to start w/ the lightest platform for my 3800Turbo, so I can beat the current Intense record for the fastest FWD 3800 Powered vehicle.

a turbo 3800....how sexy is that idea?!?!?! :D

Good luck catching that car (w/o Juice). It's a monster!

Yeah, I have that 10.998 run saved on my desktop. I know I'll probably never catch it, but you gotta have some goals. I could beat it in my truck, but it's neither 3800 Powered, nor is it FWD.