Floormats?

mra32

The floormats in my car have really gotten ratty, well mostly just the driver's mat. I was wondering what people have done to make their floormats better, I dont really feel like finding/buying a new one(s). Or would I just be better off scrapping it?

The problem is that the mat has worn to the cords on the carpet and the bottom doesnt want to stay where I put it. The little nubs don't cut it anymore.

The floormats in my car have really gotten ratty, well mostly just the driver's mat. I was wondering what people have done to make their floormats better, I dont really feel like finding/buying a new one(s). Or would I just be better off scrapping it?

The problem is that the mat has worn to the cords on the carpet and the bottom doesnt want to stay where I put it. The little nubs don't cut it anymore.

well if your carpet has worn down so much that the little spike things don't hold it. You can get a large rivet that has a hole in it thru the Matt. then install some sort of hook on the floor. Many imports n the 50's and 60's were like this as for you matts sorry new ones bud. ebay usually has custom fit as the generic ones all suck! they don't fit our floor lay out well

Oh BTW you can usually get these rivits at like a fabric/sewing place.

Go to the wreckers! I bought mine off a board member that did just that and steam cleaned them. He could of told me they were new and I wouldn't of known better.

Jamie

yah, well, these days, it is hard to find mats that are not already worn through at the junkyards....believe me, i have been looking for three years now.....

Kraco makes awesome mats for the TGP believe it or not. :lol:

...they fit perfect and have the grey and the tan colors that look real good and match the interior.

they are made of rubber or silicone with carpet inserts. perfect for winter. and they have long ones shaped just like the stock back seat mat.